Ink pads

Old July 8th 05, 07:48 PM
Jeanne Burton

I buy all of my stamps from stampin' up. I have found them to work
the best. (That's why I became a demonstrator) I think they are
consistent and have never had problems with blotching. I tried many of
the stamp pads at Micheal's, but not with as much success. I also use
Staz-on for my non-porous items (like shrink-it) They have a good
selection at Stampin' up of their colors. My most versitile stamp
though (also got from stampin' up)is my versamark. It is clear, so it
can be used to "watermark" any color. It is also tacky so it is great
for embossing, and I have also dabbed chalks over it and it is a great
effect.

Cindy

On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 20:58:14 GMT, Jeannette Marsala
wrote:

Just curious, what type of inks do you use? I just recently started
buying some ink pads, and really like the Versamagic, Brilliance, and
Versafine pads. The Versafine really does bring out the detail in the
stamps - I just to always have a problem with blotched spots but not
with that pad. I bought the Opalite reinkers and the squegee, and played
with those some too.

Jeannette

Old July 8th 05, 10:45 PM
Barbara Hass

Jeannette Marsala wrote:
Just curious, what type of inks do you use? I just recently started
buying some ink pads, and really like the Versamagic, Brilliance, and
Versafine pads. The Versafine really does bring out the detail in the
stamps - I just to always have a problem with blotched spots but not
with that pad. I bought the Opalite reinkers and the squegee, and played
with those some too.

Jeannette

I have VersaColor, Stampin' Up!, Big 'n' Juicy, ColorBox, and one
Impress pad. I have a bunch of different black kinds from a group
project (we needed multiple black pads, DH bought whatever he could find
at the time). I use Topboss for embossing. I also have Staz-on black
for acetate stamping.

I've used the Versafine and love those, just haven't had a great need to
buy one for myself yet.

I primarily have the VersaColor and Stampin' Up! Stampin' Spots, just
because I have a limited budget. The VersaColor squares were $2 apiece,
and the Stampin' Up! ones were less than that, though you need to buy
them in a box of 12. I got lucky, though, because I ordered one color
set through my mom and mentioned I would get other colors later but
couldn't afford them now, and she said that she put me down as a hostess
on her order, so I got two more sets for free! (The order was for me,
mom, MIL, and SIL, so there wasn't a hostess party involved that time).
So that was a sudden influx of 36 colors!!! Both the Versa and the SU
work fine for me, though.

I really like the effects you get with the ColorBox chalk inks.

Barbara

Old July 9th 05, 02:17 AM
Pat Kight

Barbara Hass wrote:

Jeannette Marsala wrote:

Just curious, what type of inks do you use? I just recently started
buying some ink pads, and really like the Versamagic, Brilliance, and
Versafine pads. The Versafine really does bring out the detail in the
stamps - I just to always have a problem with blotched spots but not
with that pad. I bought the Opalite reinkers and the squegee, and
played with those some too.

Jeannette

I have VersaColor, Stampin' Up!, Big 'n' Juicy, ColorBox, and one
Impress pad. I have a bunch of different black kinds from a group
project (we needed multiple black pads, DH bought whatever he could find
at the time). I use Topboss for embossing. I also have Staz-on black
for acetate stamping.

Having tried a bunch of different inks, I pretty much settled on ColorBox
Crafters' Ink for most uses; it's similar to the regular ColorBox pigment
ink, but it heat-sets to a waterproof permanence, which makes it great for
stamping on wood, metal, ceramic and other non-paper items, as well as
perfect for embossing. For dye ink projects, I like Ancient Page for the
subtlety of the colors.

--
Pat Kight

Old July 9th 05, 03:00 AM
Kenda

I haven't tried the versafine yet, I have some highly detailed stamps and
haven't been able to get them to stamp quite right. Was thinking it might
be my technique. I'll have to give it a try. I use stazon, brilliance,
colorbox and some of the distress pads. To be honest, I use alot of the
reinkers and inks and just a drop or two on a styrofoam plate and ink a
stamp up with a small rubber brayer. We are just now starting to get the
Opalite reinkers in our area. Haven't seen any stamp pads so not sure if
they have any. I just recieved my first order of alcohol inks I'm iching
to try out.
--
Kenda
(remove nospam to use email addy)

m...

Old July 9th 05, 02:22 PM
Pat

Right now, I have gotten hooked on the colors of Ranger's Adirondack
inks. But knowing me.. that will change soon!

Pat

Old July 9th 05, 06:06 PM
Jeannette Marsala

Kenda,
What I really love about the Versafina is how easy it is to ink the
stamp. Only one or two taps, and the stamp is completely covered. The
only time it didn't bring out all the details was in a large photo
stamp. But then I just placed the paper on the stamp, and brayered it,
and it came out beautifully. I would like to try the Stax on and alcohol
inks, but haven't gotten around to buying it yet.

Jeannette
Old July 9th 05, 07:01 PM
Kenda

I sure hadn't thought to put the paper on the stamp then brayer it. I will
have to pick up a Versafine and give it a go. Thanks for the info.

Old July 9th 05, 08:32 PM
Barbara Hass

Jeannette Marsala wrote:

Kenda,
What I really love about the Versafina is how easy it is to ink the
stamp. Only one or two taps, and the stamp is completely covered. The
only time it didn't bring out all the details was in a large photo
stamp. But then I just placed the paper on the stamp, and brayered it,
and it came out beautifully. I would like to try the Stax on and alcohol
inks, but haven't gotten around to buying it yet.

Jeannette

One hint to anyone trying Staz-On inks for the first time - clean your
stamp ASAP. When they say "stays on", they mean it!

Barbara

Old July 11th 05, 04:45 PM
Cecelia

One hint to anyone trying Staz-On inks for the first time - clean your
stamp ASAP. When they say "stays on", they mean it!

I stamp into my Versamark FIRST then into the Staz-On. It makes it easier
to clean afterward. BUT, if you are stamping the same image more than once
make sure you clean it before stamping into the Versamark the second time.

Cecelia