SOCK KNITTING

Old May 14th 07, 06:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Chapala Cheryl

Default SOCK KNITTING

Hi,

I am TRYING to knit socks. First, I am looking for patterns that use
worsted weight yarn and second, I would like to join a good sock
forum. Please help, help, help.

I would prefer to be contacted by e-mail.

Old May 14th 07, 04:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Marilyn

Cheryl,

http://www.socknitters.com/directory.htm

has sock patterns by yarn weight. The socknitters yahoo group is a great
group. I like the book, "Sensational Knitted Socks" by Charlene Schurch. It
allows you to knit a sock pattern by gauge. You knit a pattern (after
swatching) using your chosen weight yarn and the size needles you would like
to use.

Have fun and I hope this helps,
Marilyn
oups.com...

Old May 14th 07, 08:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Chapala Cheryl

On May 14, 7:17 am, (Mirjam Bruck-Cohen) wrote:
Interweave KNITS , Summer 2007 , just arrived it has an article about
socks.
mirjam

Hi,

I am TRYING to knit socks. First, I am looking for patterns that use
worsted weight yarn and second, I would like to join a good sock
forum. Please help, help, help.

I would prefer to be contacted by e-mail.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks guys! I found a lot of help and patterns.

Old May 15th 07, 05:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Taueret

"Chapala Cheryl" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I am TRYING to knit socks. First, I am looking for patterns that use
worsted weight yarn and second, I would like to join a good sock
forum. Please help, help, help.

hi, this little sock is a great one to do first:
http://www.heartstringsfiberarts.com/minisock.shtm

as it has all the elements of a sock, but it takes very little time to knit.

Taueret

--
NSW, Australia
http://taueret.typepad.com

Old May 15th 07, 09:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Chapala Cheryl

Great idea, Taueret.