Any good four-fabric quilts?

Old October 11th 05, 08:54 PM
monique

Default Any good four-fabric quilts?

I actually went with 3 friends to an honest-to-goodness quilt shop on
Saturday and we had a BLAST. It is such fun picking colors--not only
fabric for my dear mom, but helping pick things for a friend's quilt and
another friend's patchwork shirt. (I LOVE spending other people's money!)

Two yards of a yummy print followed me home. From a galloping horse, it
reads as dark blue, but it's really a navy background with red, yellow,
and cobalt flowers. (RJR's Chasing Butterflies collection, though it's
prettier in person than on line.)

This fabric wants to share quilt space with red, cobalt, and yellow Moda
Marbles. Anyone have any favorite 4-fabric quilts? I'm entertaining all
ideas, though I think I'd prefer something with few to no triangles,
since most of my projects had/have them and it's time for a switch.
There's a great quilt in a book I bought called "Patchwork Showcase"
that is just about right, but it calls for more fabrics than four and
would need tweaking. Maybe some sort of multistranded, stunning Irish
chain?

Whatever it is will have to wait until the three stitches come out of my
finger. Today's lesson: being organized and cutting beef for the
crockpot before you are properly awake is not really a time-saver in the
long run.

Monique in TX
where it RAINED yesterday and today!!!!
Old October 11th 05, 10:23 PM
nzlstar*

http://www.quilterscache.com/G_I/HuntersStarBlock.html
check out Amys pix on here. shes used 4 fabs.
might work for ya.
eeeeeeeeeeeeek, blood and stitches.
time to break out that secret chocolate stash or go buy some. think of all
the housework you can now get out of doing til fully recovered.
great time for perusing those mags/books and maybe drafting up new
designs...
oh what the heck, go have some s.e.x. as consolation.
have fun!!
jeanne
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r

"monique" wrote...
snipped

Old October 11th 05, 10:27 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
monique wrote:

[...]

Ouch, Monique! I hope you heal quickly! As for your quilt, what about a
Drunkard's Path? Each block is usually only two colors, but you could
mix up the combinations or even piece both "halves" of each block to use
four colors.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old October 11th 05, 10:34 PM
nzlstar*

http://tinyurl.com/a8p7c
heres a nicer 4 colourway of the hunter star.
i also like sandys idea of the drunkards path.
jeanne

Old October 11th 05, 10:47 PM
nzlstar*

http://tinyurl.com/7qcmr
ok, i must be on a roll, sorry, just surfing and finding stuff thats fun and
cute and seasonal too.
this page has links to a cute halloween 'spiderplacemat & napkin rings'
pattern.... with legs and all.
also a sweet as could be 'precious peeps' pattern for a baby quilt.
also another 4 colour 'Missouri Star Tea Garden' pattern.
also a 'crazy quilt xmas stocking' pattern.
argh, just checked the link and each time that page opens it shows different
projects. must find the right one, sorry.
argh, the full page of projects is huge.
http://tinyurl.com/9spez
well at least someone might have fun looking thru these from the full page
of links there for free projects.
sorry again for all the nonsense.
jeanne
going to hang out first load of laundry while i got a sunny day, i'm sooooo
far behind
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar

Old October 12th 05, 01:12 AM
Anne in CA

How about Snail's Trail with each snail a different fabric? or a square
in a square in a square in a ... ?

non quilty advice -- drink coffee before cutting meat for crock pot :-)
Anne in CA
annerudolph AT comcast DOT net
"It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got." -- Sheryl
Crow
http://community.webshots.com/user/annerudolph3

monique wrote:
[...]

Fabric Shopping in Paris Natalie Quilting 9 October 13th 04 05:59 PM
Pirates o' the South Pacific Swap frood Quilting 27 January 25th 04 12:04 AM
elusive fabric! (long) Debbi Quilting 8 December 18th 03 07:54 PM
Tapestry frame or embroidery hoop Jill Spottiswoode Needlework 7 September 22nd 03 10:27 AM
Quilts, Secrets hidden in Fabric. julia sidebottom Quilting 10 July 29th 03 02:56 AM