SHop Hop site contests-- are they for real?

Old July 18th 03, 08:46 PM
zo

Default SHop Hop site contests-- are they for real?

While I've been doing teh shop hop, I've noticed that lots of the
sites have their own contest for a gift certificate. Are these
contests for real? By registering, do you end up getting lots of junk
email? Any other things I should look out for before I sign up for
these contests? Thanks
Old July 18th 03, 09:28 PM
Kathy in CA

It hard telling if they are for real or not--most say they will not sell
your email addesses. I have completed the online shop hop (I found 131
bunnies!) but I did not sign up for any of the contests on the shop sites. I
did sign up for one newsletter in hopes of getting that one more clue
--
Kathy in CA
Quilting Stuff:

Old July 18th 03, 09:45 PM
Sherry Starr

I'm a contest junkie! I have signed up for lots of the contests, and have
never received any junk email. I just receive an email notifying me of
sales or their newsletter. Sherry Starr

Old July 18th 03, 11:23 PM
lindroos

I only signed up for the newsletter. I get enough junk

Old July 18th 03, 11:55 PM
Elena

Some people on the group have won, little things mostly.
A lot of the quilt stores have a place to unsubscribe right under the sign
up for the newsletter. Maybe it would make you feel better to bookmark that
page in your favorites, maybe in a folder labeled Unsubscribing or something
like that. Then if they became a pest, you could go back there and
unsubscribe easily. I have found that most legitimate quilt stores are
very sensitive to being perceived as spam, and will also include
unsubscribing instructions in every email.
You could also create a free email account at Yahoo or Hotmail, and only use
it for the shophop. Then all your newsletters come there, and you can pick
and choose what to read and sweep the rest into Delete at once.

HTH,
Elena, wondering about the title fabshophop veteran. lol

Old July 19th 03, 12:03 AM
Kathy in CA

Well I got up to 131--enough to get in the grand prize drawing. There were 6
shops I absoultely could NOT find the bunny even after 4 or 5 searches so
gave up since I had enough. Several shops I emailed for a hint and one
replied back with the hint.
--
Kathy in CA
Quilting Stuff: