OT - Baby Alpaca

Old September 14th 03, 11:57 AM
Dumpling

Default OT - Baby Alpaca

Hi All

I know its been a while, but I've had a busy month!

First I got a new job, full time as a customer Service Manager for an
internet company. So as you can image I've been pretty busy, trying
to figure out all the stuff around working full time again. :-)

But... today something really exciting happened. Silverbell our
matirach alpaca had her baby (a baby alpaca is called a cria)

Its a little boy, he weighed in at 10kg (22lbs) and he is black. We
have called him Yanada with is the local aborignal for 'moon' as he
was born at night.

I'm excited!

....Fran...
Old September 14th 03, 02:59 PM
frood

Congratulations on your new arrival! Love the name! Are you making him a
quilt? G

--
Wendy
De-Fang email address to reply

Old September 14th 03, 08:09 PM
Ginger in CA

Oooh, the babies are so cute! My fiance wants us to consider having an
alpaca ranch as a business........

Ginger in CA

Old September 15th 03, 12:20 AM
Kate Dicey

Dumpling wrote:

Hi All

I know its been a while, but I've had a busy month!

First I got a new job, full time as a customer Service Manager for an
internet company. So as you can image I've been pretty busy, trying
to figure out all the stuff around working full time again. :-)

But... today something really exciting happened. Silverbell our
matirach alpaca had her baby (a baby alpaca is called a cria)

Its a little boy, he weighed in at 10kg (22lbs) and he is black. We
have called him Yanada with is the local aborignal for 'moon' as he
was born at night.

I'm excited!

...Fran...

Oh, cute! Got pix? Do you weave their fur/wool?
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old September 15th 03, 12:55 AM
Sharon Harper

Congratulations! Ooooh he's got to be gorgeous.

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Qof DU)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html

Old September 15th 03, 03:44 AM
Dumpling

Hi

Had the day off work today to keep an eye on him, but decided to sheak
him out again. It turns outthat last night in the dark, what I
thought was a willy was in fact the umbilical cord.

IT A GIRL!

Pictures can bee seen here!

....Fran...

Old September 15th 03, 04:36 AM
Dumpling

Hi

D'Oh!

In alpacas

http://community.webshots.com/user/francescarleton

....Fran...

Old September 15th 03, 06:03 PM
TerriLee in WA

Congratulations!! Alpacas are so cute! I've never seen a baby one.
Can you post a picture?

Dumpling wrote:

Hi All

I know its been a while, but I've had a busy month!

First I got a new job, full time as a customer Service Manager for an
internet company. So as you can image I've been pretty busy, trying
to figure out all the stuff around working full time again. :-)

But... today something really exciting happened. Silverbell our
matirach alpaca had her baby (a baby alpaca is called a cria)

Its a little boy, he weighed in at 10kg (22lbs) and he is black. We
have called him Yanada with is the local aborignal for 'moon' as he
was born at night.

I'm excited!

...Fran...

--
TerriLee Bishop
(opinions are wholly owned by the author and don't represent anything)