looking for checkered fabric (black and white)

Old April 24th 04, 10:44 PM
Becky

Default looking for checkered fabric (black and white)

Hi All,

A couple of us in my weekly quilting group are looking for tiny, black and
white checkered fabric. Not gingham type, just plain black and white
checks. We are trying to find it with 8-10 squares per inch. We've seen the
one Big Horn currently has, but it has tiny little red dots in the middle of
the white squares, and we want just plain black and white. Has anybody seen
this fabric? We know it must have existed at one time, because a lot of the
diamonds in Quilted Diamonds II have patches made from it.

TIA, Becky

Old April 24th 04, 11:55 PM
Ellison

Howdy!
http://search.quiltshops.com/cgi-ser...-qssearchd.cgi
offers:
The Tattered Rabbit (nice folks, good service)
The Cotton Club

Connecting Threads:
http://www.connectingthreads.com/ct/...ch_fab_ind.asp
(I really like this shop)

Good luck!
Ragmop/Sandy

Old April 25th 04, 12:22 AM
..Mickie Swall..

Check your local JoAnn's if you have one nearby. Our superstore
carries black & white checks in 1/8" (and also 1/4". 1/2" 3/4" and 1").
I don't remember the prices but it was mixed in with their regularly
priced (cheap) quilting cottons. If they don't have it on hand, they
can order it for you.
Mickie

Old April 25th 04, 12:46 AM
Denise G.

Becky, I'll bet the tiny black and white check that I just used in my
friend's quilt would be exactly what you're looking for. It was a Mary
Engelbreit fabric. I used it as the border with other material from her
line. I bought it at Wal-Mart, but I've seen Mary Engelbreit material
at many other quilt stores.

Denise in NH

Old April 25th 04, 01:13 AM
Debbie

I've seen the Mary Engelbreit checks at my Wal Mart, too. Also, don't forget
to look in the section that has the Nascar stuff -- usually various sizes of
checkered flag stuff there.

Debbie in MN
http://hometown.aol.com/dmoscarson/m...xtilearts.html
Old April 25th 04, 10:21 AM
Paul Rubin

Hi Becky, here are some suggestions:

http://equilter.com/cgi-bin/p.pl?p=9226

http://equilter.com/cgi-bin/p.pl?p=30839

http://equilter.com/cgi-bin/p.pl?p=40382

http://equilter.com/cgi-bin/p.pl?p=38668

http://equilter.com/cgi-bin/p.pl?p=31012

http://equilter.com/cgi-bin/p.pl?p=6360

Best wishes,
Sincerely,
Paul Rubin

http://www.equilter.com
Toll Free: (877) FABRIC-3
or: (303) 527-0856
Fax: (303) 527-0042

Old April 25th 04, 02:31 PM
Becky

Thanks Paul, equilter is always one of the first places I look. All of
these are larger than we are looking for.

Becky

om...

Old April 25th 04, 05:41 PM
..Mickie Swall..

Uh, Becky, did you check JoAnns? I was just there last night
and they do in fact have 1/8" black and white check fabric
exactly like this: (only smaller)
http://equilter.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi...?p_prodid=9226
I think it is for $2.99 or $3.99 a yard, I would be happy to pick
some up for you if you can't find it locally.
(didn't my other post show up?)
Mickie

"Becky" wrote in message ...
Thanks Paul, equilter is always one of the first places I look. All of
these are larger than we are looking for.

Becky

"Paul Rubin" wrote in message
om...
[...]

New Trims, Fabric from Hoffman, Kaufman, Alexander Henry, more at The Virginia Quilter! The Virginia Quilter Marketplace 0 June 25th 04 04:26 PM
HELP - White gold ring with black marks?? Moochie Jewelry 1 June 16th 04 02:03 AM
Black and White Stripe Betty in Wi Quilting 2 February 22nd 04 01:16 AM
White fabric review? Quilting 10 October 27th 03 03:25 PM
Black and White and Read all over (ON topic) Ronnie Wexler Quilting 10 July 14th 03 05:31 PM