black & white fabrics

Old November 23rd 03, 02:24 AM
Sharon Gates

Default black & white fabrics

I have a lot of black & white musically themed fabric that I have collected
to make a quilt for my husband. Any suggestions patterns?
TIA.
Sharon in gorgeous Montreal

Old November 23rd 03, 09:34 AM
Patti

Hullo Sharon
Not quite a pattern; but: have you got a balanced number of black on
white, and white on black? If you have, you could perhaps think of one
of the two-colour patterns, using the reverse way rounds as different
'colours'.
..
In article , Sharon Gates
writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old November 25th 03, 02:59 PM
Maureen Wozniak

One of my "someday" quilts will be a black and white bear paw. I may
never get around to making it (all those pesky triangles) but I keep
buying fabric for it anyway, just in case.

Maureen

Old November 25th 03, 03:17 PM
AliceW

Triangles used to scare me too, Maureen, but then I found out that Thangles
are my friend! Try them, you may make that bears paw sooner than you think!

Alice

Old November 25th 03, 05:16 PM
Diana Curtis

That quilt is one eye catcher. Guess I have to believe you now when you say
you do well working with colors. :-)
Diana... ps.. nice flat quilts there lady!

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker
" Ellison" wrote in message
Howdy!
Irish Chain, Dbl. or even Triple Irish Chain.
And add some red.
Not as much as I used, but the Irish Chain pattern
created several secondary patterns.
Gene's quilt:
http://home.att.net/~Ellison-Texas/page2.html

Ragmop/Sandy