March 19, National Quilting Day 2011

Old February 14th 11, 09:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy E

Default March 19, National Quilting Day 2011

Howdy!

Here's the NQA free pattern for this year:

http://nqaquilts.org/free-projects/

While some of us get ready for NQDay,
I know Taria is counting down 'til Christmas.

Cheers!

Happy Valentines Day...

R/Sandy

Old February 15th 11, 12:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

It may be free but that lower left corner looks jarring and out of place???
Maybe it's my ornery mood. LOL

And a Happy Valentine's Day to you, too, Ragmop- and to everybody here who
loves quilting and quilts!

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old February 15th 11, 05:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Linda[_4_]

I agree Sandy. The block doesn't appeal to me at all. It doesn't seem
balanced to my amateur eye.
Linda

Old February 15th 11, 07:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

I absolutely agree with you (and Linda) - and from such an august body?.
In order to be balanced (though not everyone wants that of course), I
think the large log cabin should be replaced by a large green block.
..
In message , Leslie & The Furbabies in
MO. writes

--
Best Regards
Pat on the Green
Old February 15th 11, 09:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

You're right. An applique garden of some sort would look lots better.
Or4 fpp log cabin-style hearts.
Roberta in D

Old February 16th 11, 06:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Ahr

I don't get it. I looked at this a few weeks back and decided not to even
bother saving it on my hard drive. I understand how the log cabin blocks go
with the theme, but what are those other things?

Of course the advantage to having the pattern is the opportunity to change
it.
--
Kay Ahr in Reno/Sparks Nevada USA

Old February 17th 11, 07:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AllisonH

On 16/02/2011 1:58 PM, Kay Ahr wrote:
I don't get it. I looked at this a few weeks back and decided not to
even bother saving it on my hard drive. I understand how the log cabin
blocks go with the theme, but what are those other things?

Of course the advantage to having the pattern is the opportunity to
change it.

I figure that most patterns are just a starting point... I have lots of
starting points saved in one place or another! LOL
Old February 19th 11, 05:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy E

Howdy!

I don't intend to pay any more attention to it;
just sharing the link. g

R/Sandy

Old February 19th 11, 08:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Ahr

"Hanne" wrote in message
On 17 Feb., 20:16, AllisonH wrote:
On 16/02/2011 1:58 PM, Kay Ahr wrote:

I don't get it. I looked at this a few weeks back and decided not to
even bother saving it on my hard drive. I understand how the log cabin
blocks go with the theme, but what are those other things?

Of course the advantage to having the pattern is the opportunity to
change it.

I figure that most patterns are just a starting point... I have lots of
starting points saved in one place or another! LOL

Don't we all... :-)

Indeed!! that's what I love about Eelectric Quilt (and sometimes Quilt Pro).
I can mock up a quilt in there and then start "playing."

--
Kay Ahr in Reno/Sparks Nevada USA