Bomber jacket lining

Old February 14th 04, 11:58 PM
Rebecca

Default Bomber jacket lining

Hi,
I have promised my father that I would re-line his old leather bomber
jacket for him, but I cannot seem to find any replacement map lining
fabric. Does anyone know of any place where I can purchase lining
with a map print?
Thank you!
Old February 22nd 04, 12:51 AM
Kathy Morgan

Rebecca wrote:

I have promised my father that I would re-line his old leather bomber
jacket for him, but I cannot seem to find any replacement map lining
fabric. Does anyone know of any place where I can purchase lining
with a map print?

Have you tried searching on the Internet using search engines? I
suspect it's not available and you may have to settle for some other
lining material. :-(

--
Kathy - read reviews of other newsgroups in news:news.groups.reviews
Good Net Keeping Seal of Approval at http://www.gnksa.org/
Old February 22nd 04, 06:03 PM

Bomber jacket lining

(Rebecca)
I have promised my father that I would re-line his old leather bomber
jacket for him, but I cannot seem to find any replacement map lining
fabric. Does anyone know of any place where I can purchase lining with a
map print?
---
The only map print I've seen was cotton, and I think it might not be
silky enough for a jacket lining. Saw it at a quilting site, think it
was equilter. I've been assuaging my bronchial boredom by window
shopping, so I've been to an awful lot of sites which sell fabric.
I rarely see prints in lining material; you might have better luck
finding an appropriately slithery fabric (in a better weight than
lining, BTW) if you look at blouse weight polys and charmeuse type
fabrics. These fabrics make lovely jacket linings to match a blouse, so
there's no reason you can't use a blouse weight if you're lucky enough
to find one in a map print. HTH.
Cea

Old February 26th 04, 09:02 PM

Bomber jacket lining

Rebecca, I was thinking: in a pinch, I have used cotton for lining
the body, and a slithery lining in the sleeves, which works well, as
sleeves are where the clothing under the jacket binds. So you could
consider a cotton map print for the jacket body, if your Dad oks it.
Hancock's of Paducah fall and winter 2002 catalog had an 'Antique road
map print, #M8725-12'. Wow, I thought I had a more recent catalog. How
time does fly.
Keepsake Quilting 2003 catalog (1-800-865-94580);
keepsakequilting.com had Map#9776, 'Open Road'; also 3 really nice print
fabs called 'In My Travels'.
Here are a few more sources for your search, though:
wwwfabrics.net (Post a request for the fabric you need, hopefully a
supplier will get back to you, but it could take a while.)
A couple of larger stores, which might be more likely to have what you
need than the online stores, as their selections are huge, and the staff
are very knowledgeable:
Haberman's fabrics--email them if the www doesn't work; I can never
get their site to come up in a usable form. They will do a fabric check,
and they also do swatching.
gstreetfabric: 11854 Rockville Pike, Rockville Md., 20852. Stores in
Centerville, Va., and Falls Church, Va., outside of Washington, DC.
Also in southern Va. at Potomic Mills, but I don't have addys for the
other two locations.
I think this # is for the Rockville sto #(301)-231-8982.
I think they have a token online site, but the stores have huge, good
selections. of all types fabrics, and they will undoubtedly mail you a
swatch. I love gstreet fabrics!
To find other online stores:
www.lilyabellos
www.101sewinglinks
I'd do a search for leather suppliers, to see if they might carry a
lining fabric. Tandy leather (Fort Worth, Texas), is one supplier.
I don't know of any fabric shops specifically devoted to menswear
needs, but that's a thought. Linings in men's clothing tends to be more
durable than most lining sold in regular fabric shops.
And, last, look in the back of Threads magazine, and throughout the
mag for resource ads.
HTH. Cea
---

(Rebecca)
Excellent idea about the blouse weight fabrics. I've been doing various
searches on ebay and google and fabric stores local & online and haven't
found anthing even remotely lining-ish, but I will keep looking. Thanks!
wrote in message
Bomber jacket lining
(Rebecca)
I have promised my father that I would re-line his old leather bomber
jacket for him, but I cannot seem to find any replacement map lining
fabric. Does anyone know of any place where I can purchase lining with a
map print?
---
=A0=A0 The only map print I've seen was cotton, and I think it might
not be silky enough for a jacket lining. Saw it at a quilting site,
think it was equilter. I've been assuaging my bronchial boredom by
window shopping, so I've been to an awful lot of sites which sell
fabric.
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0I rarely see prints in lining material; you might have
better luck finding an appropriately slithery fabric (in a better weight
than lining, BTW) if you look at blouse weight polys and charmeuse type
fabrics. These fabrics make lovely jacket linings to match a blouse, so
there's no reason you can't use a blouse weight if you're lucky enough
to find one in a map print. HTH.
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A 0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A 0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0Cea

Old February 26th 04, 09:37 PM
KKL

Bomber jacket lining
Possibilities?
http://equilter.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi...06104289914.fb
http://equilter.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi...11104352314.49

Old February 28th 04, 06:47 PM
Rebecca

"KKL" wrote in message news:QGt%b.130107$uV3.645517@attbi_s51...
Bomber jacket lining
Possibilities?
http://equilter.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi...06104289914.fb
http://equilter.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi...11104352314.49

Wow, special thanks for all the advice and help from Cea-you've given
me lots of great avenues to check, thank you!-and KKL, very much
appreciate the ideas & will check into them all. Thanks for such
helpful messages!
Rebecca
Old February 28th 04, 08:44 PM
Pat

I saw Map of the World pattern in sheets!! They had them at
Domestications.com.

"Rebecca" wrote in message
om...