Moderator's announcement -- Vacation time

Old August 4th 05, 10:44 AM
Peter W.. Rowe,

Default Moderator's announcement -- Vacation time

Hi everyone.

I trust you all are doing your best to have an enjoyable and productive summer
(those in the northern hemisphere, at least)

I myself, to that end, am taking off for a couple weeks vacation to Italy with my
Mom. should be fun.

My thanks to those of you who responded, a month or so ago, when I first brought
this up and asked if anyone would be willing to moderate the group for me during
my absense. Turns out this will not be required, but my thanks to you,
nevertheless.

The person I've got watching my house and feeding my cats and all that stuff,
while I'm gone, will be able to moderate the group for us. She'll be able to do
it on my own computer, which is already set up for it, so this should cause a
minimum of disruption.

Michelle is a recent graduate of the University of Washington's metals and jewelry
program (well, a few years ago) and is working hard to get her work represented
and "out there", just as many of you are. So her familiarity with jewelry should
be sufficient to allow her to moderate the group reasonably well.

But be easy on her, please. I've told her not to bother trying to solve disputes
or posting problems, as this generally goes beyond her expertese with newsgroups.

Please respect the charter restrictions, and post to the group normally using your
news readers, as most of you normally do. If you find you're having trouble
posting, or posts are disappearing, please wait until I get back in a couple weeks
to bring them to my attention, as Michelle likely won't be able to help you much.
Those of you who've taken my suggestion, when posting problems arise, of cc:ing
this email account when posting to the group, should not expect that to work until
I get back, since direct email's take different editing steps, which I've not
showed Michelle how to do. So please just post normally.

My apologies in advance if this causes anyone inconvenience If it does, please
just have patience, and I'll be back on the 21st, when the group will resume
normal operation.

thanks.
\
Peter Rowe
moderator
rec.crafts.jewelry

Old August 4th 05, 03:32 PM
neilr

"Peter W.. Rowe," wrote in message
Hi everyone.

I trust you all are doing your best to have an enjoyable and productive
summer
(those in the northern hemisphere, at least)

I myself, to that end, am taking off for a couple weeks vacation to Italy
with my
Mom. should be fun.
......{snip...trim...]

My apologies in advance if this causes anyone inconvenience If it does,
please
just have patience, and I'll be back on the 21st, when the group will
resume
normal operation.

thanks.
\
Peter Rowe
moderator
rec.crafts.jewelry

Bon voyage!

Old August 4th 05, 03:32 PM
Peter W.. Rowe,

On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 07:32:05 -0700, in Ìõ "neilr"
wrote:

Bon voyage!

Thanks.

Peter
Old August 6th 05, 05:32 AM
Abrasha

Peter W.. Rowe, wrote:
Hi everyone.

I trust you all are doing your best to have an enjoyable and productive summer
(those in the northern hemisphere, at least)

I myself, to that end, am taking off for a couple weeks vacation to Italy with my
Mom. should be fun.

Ah, Italy, the food, the coffee, the wine, the landscape, the culture,
the people.

If it weren't for my so called carreer and the kids, I'd move there now
(I realize this is bull**** as I type this). My wife's family owns some
land there. Maybe some day we'll retire there.

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com

Old August 7th 05, 06:14 AM
William Black

"Abrasha" wrote in message

Ah, Italy, the food, the coffee, the wine, the landscape, the culture,
the people.

The driving, the cops, the planning regulations, the legal system, the
incessant opera.

Italy is a wonderful place to visit.

--
William Black

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
Barbeques on fire by chalets past the headland
I've watched the gift shops glitter in the darkness off Newborough
All this will pass like ice-cream on the beach
Time for tea

Old August 22nd 05, 02:50 PM
Peter W.. Rowe,

On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 02:44:15 -0700, in rec.crafts.jewelry "Peter W.. Rowe,"
wrote:

I myself, to that end, am taking off for a couple weeks vacation to Italy with my
Mom. should be fun.

Well, it's Me again. Back from Vacation.

In reviewing the group, though I've not had a chance yet to talk to the young lady
who offered to help with moderating the group while I was gone, I get the sense
that her success handling the group has been spotty? well, Please forgive. She
tried...

If anyone now has problems posting, please again feel free to contact me as usual.

Oh, and the trip? We had a wonderful time. It will take quite some time to
absorb it all and readjust, including the bit of time my mom will need to fully
heal from the results of a rather overly aggressive pickpocket in Rome (who didn't
manage to pull her purse away from her, but did knock her down She's just fine,
but now sports an amazing black eye)

Ah well. Back to the ho hum coffee I have to put up with here in Seattle (yeah, I
know how that sounds to those who understand Seattle's coffee scene, but in Italy,
every counter person in any snack bar makes a better Cappucino than I get at
Starbucks (well, I make a better one too, and usuall don't go to Starbucks, but
you get the idea...)

Cheers everyone.

Peter
Old August 23rd 05, 05:37 AM
William Black

"Peter W.. Rowe," wrote in message

Ah well. Back to the ho hum coffee I have to put up with here in Seattle

(yeah, I
know how that sounds to those who understand Seattle's coffee scene, but

in Italy,
every counter person in any snack bar makes a better Cappucino than I get

at
Starbucks (well, I make a better one too, and usuall don't go to

Starbucks, but
you get the idea...)

It's not the machines or the people, it's the coffee, and the amount of it
you use...

But I agree, the coffee at a cheap working man's cafe in Italy is better
than any I've drunk in the USA.

All I've got to do next time I go is convince them that an apricot pastry
isn't a proper breakfast...