Happy New Year, Sydney!

Old December 31st 03, 01:04 PM
AliceW

Default Happy New Year, Sydney!

Just watched the New Year arrive in Sydney on Good Morning America! Happy
New Year to all our friends there! May the new year bring you all
happiness, good health and prosperity!

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
www.ourcyberfamily.us

Old December 31st 03, 03:10 PM
Patti

Yes, we've just seen the firework display.
What a joyous way to see in a New Year.
It'll be our turn soon - well, nine hours!!
..
In article , AliceW
writes
Just watched the New Year arrive in Sydney on Good Morning America! Happy
New Year to all our friends there! May the new year bring you all
happiness, good health and prosperity!

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old December 31st 03, 04:20 PM
AliceW

My DH gave me a world clock for Christmas which is wonderful because I get
an easy way to see what the eBay time is when I am in the middle of an
auction. But this clock has many locations around the world and as you turn
the clock to get to see the time and date in each location. I turn it one
click with each New Year - get to celebrate New Year each time! Will wait
for ours to hit to have the champagne though. I'd be really snockered if I
toasted with each location!

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
www.ourcyberfamily.us

"Patti" wrote in message
Yes, we've just seen the firework display.
What a joyous way to see in a New Year.
It'll be our turn soon - well, nine hours!!
.
In article , AliceW
writes

Old December 31st 03, 07:58 PM
MOIRA RIDDELL

Yes, I have seen that on the tv as well, just wait until you see London's
offering, 3 minutes of fireworks centred on the London Eye!! Our dear
Mayor, had all the statues covered with boards, and he doesn't welcome
revellers to watch the "fireworks", apparently that is only for the TV....
It is quite extrordinary that a major city like London has nothing organised
for the New Year celebrations....

Just watch the TV, and DON'T blink as you'll miss them!!!

Moira

Old January 1st 04, 10:57 AM
Pete 'n' Trish

Happy new year to all. Thank you from Sydney I was unfortunatly working
but our own Mim is down under haveing a great adventure and was going into
the city to watch the fire works. I am from N.Z. but I have to admit Aussie
does the Best fireworks. There is the 9.oo pm ones for the families (on the
bridge ) then the 12 midnight ones for everyone else. I went down to one of
the wings to watch the fireworks on the tv. I could hear the fireworks from
work as it was 27degreees celcius at workso all the windows in the cells
were open. No air conditioning in the jail for the felons. I'm luck as there
is in the clinic where I work. trish in Sydney

Old January 1st 04, 07:04 PM
Dr. Quilter

i should get one of those for each member of my family so they figure
out how many hours are between Montevideo, Mexico City and Seattle (and
the several other places DB and I have lived in, Rome, London,
Jacksonville FL... ) and stop calling at 6 AM in the morning! my dad is
the worst, and he is a travel agent, he should know better!

AliceW wrote:

My DH gave me a world clock for Christmas which is wonderful because I get
an easy way to see what the eBay time is when I am in the middle of an
auction. But this clock has many locations around the world and as you turn
the clock to get to see the time and date in each location. I turn it one
click with each New Year - get to celebrate New Year each time! Will wait
for ours to hit to have the champagne though. I'd be really snockered if I
toasted with each location!

--
Dr. Quilter
Ambassador of Extraordinary Aliens