OT 1 of the Most Beautiful Things.....

Old August 30th 03, 03:52 AM
melinda

Deirdre S. wrote:
And I love wind. So here's the question: If you can't actually see it,
is it a beautiful thing?

I hate wind, well extreme wind. I love light cool breezes that bring a
hint of sea air.

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old August 30th 03, 08:01 AM
Mary Rurup

that's up to Ken, but Ken has already said he is going to be out.

1 more week, and we are in our own house!!!! YEAH!

Mary

--
Joy multiplies when it is shared among friends, but grief diminishes with
every division. That is life.
"Carol in SLC" wrote in message
because he will be out when we move.

True, but he could be out NOW. Believe me, he will try to move *with* you

if
you don't make him leave beforehand!

Carol in SLC

Old August 30th 03, 02:36 PM
Carol in SLC

1 more week, and we are in our own house!!!!

That is SOOOO awesome, Mary! Congratulations to you both!!

Carol in SLC
New jewelry (8/28): http://members.aol.com/carolinslc/hoyt1.jpg
Old August 30th 03, 06:23 PM
Deirdre S.

Yeah. Being another kinesthetic type myself, I know what you mean.
Those the -kinds- of things that register the most vividly for me,
too.

Deirdre

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 22:10:14 GMT, "Christina Peterson"
wrote:

Actually Deirdre, I really was thinking of sensory when I wrote "see". Most
every thing I see with my eyes I experience as tactile anyway.

Things like working outside in brisk weather, then taking a hot shower that
penetrates through your skin. Or HEARING the brook as you gaze at it with
unfocused eyes. As opposed to the emotional feeling of gazing at a loved
one.

Tina

"Deirdre S." wrote in message
.. .
I'm with you. You probably need at least one sense, but beauty can
enter by any sensory path. And I like your examples.

I think we sometimes depend so heavily on visual sensing, though, that
we aren't always as tuned in to the rest, and miss some subtle
beauties in the process.

Deirdre

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 17:03:44 GMT, "Jalynne"
wrote:

I didn't mean to get on a soap box...sorry if it seems I did. I just

wanted to
answer the question.

Old August 30th 03, 06:53 PM
Deirdre S.

My partner would agree with you. She doesn't like strong wind. But I
used to get off on The Flying Nun grin. Give me a wind strong enough
to practically pick you up off your feet.

I'll get this big, sappy grin on my face, turn and spread my arms to
get the maximum effect.

Deirdre

Old August 30th 03, 10:48 PM
Kalera Stratton

In article ,
Deirdre S. wrote:

I don't think there are a set of siblings on earth who -don't- fight a
lot. But there are plenty who don't show real affection, and plenty
who suffer because there never seems to be enough parental favor and
attention to stretch to everyone.

Deirdre

That's so true, and so sad. It's hard to give kids as much attention as
they want, but not hard to give them as much attention as they need...
as long as you're always available to hear out their problems, give them
a hug and a kiss and an "I love you", and help them out when they're
stuck.

--
-Kalera

---------

Regime change in 2004!
Old September 1st 03, 05:57 PM
Karen_AZ

I'm another wind-lover. I love the gusts that come with thunderstorms
(except out here it stirs up an awful lot of dust). I love that whoosh sound
of wind through pines. On my birthday we went rambling and found a dirt road
(I mentioned it then but it was so cool I haven't forgotten yet). We ended
up on a desolate ridge, overlooking the Verde Valley, with Sedona in the
distance. I'd never really heard the wind "whistle" before, not all by
itself. It was a kind of lonesome but...powerful feeling.

--
KarenK
Desert Dreamer Designs

Old September 1st 03, 08:18 PM
Deirdre S.

Granted. Anywhere below freezing, winds are just torture to every inch
of exposed skin.

But at 50 degrees or warmer, I'll bundle up and still go spread my
'wings' to the wind.

Deirdre

On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 08:49:40 -0500, MargieK
wrote:

Weeeeeee....that is me too. Love the wind except in January and
February in Chicago. That wind is wickedly cold and I can do without
it.

Old September 2nd 03, 04:48 AM
melinda

Deirdre S. wrote:
My partner would agree with you. She doesn't like strong wind. But I
used to get off on The Flying Nun grin. Give me a wind strong enough
to practically pick you up off your feet.

I'll get this big, sappy grin on my face, turn and spread my arms to
get the maximum effect.

Deirdre

The reason I hate srong wind is that just over a fortnight ago we had a
window blow in during a severe wind storm. It'll be at least another
week at minimum if we're lucky before the new window arrives for
installation. Lucky we had dad's Vax from work here...

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol