Pearls

Old July 2nd 07, 04:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Zk

Default Pearls

Question for group discussion:

What is your favorite type(s) and color(s) of freshwater pearls? and what do
you like to make with them?
--
KathyZ

Old July 2nd 07, 12:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

Lol. My answers would be:
a) any
b) anything

I LOVE pearls. Here's one of my favorite necklace sets I made with wi

http://www.beadbimbo.com/ebay/goldneck.jpg

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old July 2nd 07, 12:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Patti

For many years, I didn't design with pearls. Now I do like the
colored FWP, especially the black ones. I also like the top drilled
ones, they make a nice bracelet pattern. I'm especially fond of pink,
purple, silver and teal ones.

Patti

Old July 3rd 07, 11:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Valerie

I love pearls. I would use pearls in everything if I had enough of them and
enough money. lol! They are one of my favorite bead types.

--
Valerie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.
-Michelangelo Buonarroti

Old July 3rd 07, 07:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Zk

Yes, those are my answers as well, LOL. I want them all!!

My MOST favorite color, though, is Tahitian black pearl -- black with grey,
silver, blue, green, and/or purple sheen. Yummmmm ....

Beautiful necklace, Jerri! Is that gold-plated wire?
--
KathyZ

Old July 3rd 07, 07:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Zk

I really like the colored FWP as well, and the top-drilled rice.

Here's a bracelet I made with bright purple rice pearls, red AB Czech beads,
and red and purple seed beads:

http://snipr.com/1ntki

A gift to my MIL for Mother's Day.
--
KathyZ

oups.com...

Old July 3rd 07, 08:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

Hi Kathy,

Thanks! It's 14K Gold Filled wire. (Much better than plated.)

Nice bracelet!! And nice to meet another Pearl Ho! Lol.

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old July 4th 07, 02:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
bluemaxx

Favorite type: All.
Favorite colors: White & Peach tones. But I have a few precious true black
pearls - black as night, not the AB Dk. Purple - that I absolutely treasure.

I like to make anything and everything with pearls! By far, my fave design
is Kate McKinnon's pearl bracelet. I took her class at Bead & Button a few
years back and love the weaving and wirewrapping process that it takes to
make a bracelet loaded with moving pearls.

--
hugs,
Linda

:
: What is your favorite type(s) and color(s) of freshwater pearls? and what
do
: you like to make with them?
: --
: KathyZ
:
:

Old July 4th 07, 03:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Sterling

Default I LOVE PEARLS!!

I am so glad to see so many people love pearls - like me!
I buy them when I don't need them and I love to sort them. Sometimes, I
just look over the many boxes of pearls that I have to see if I will be
inspired to create something with those creamy beads.
I used to think that pearls were for old ladies only... even though I loved
them and wanted to use them in everything, I wouldn't because of how I
thought they were perceived by others. I know different now and I am
finding that pearls are fast in becoming a major and leading "gem" to use
for all kinds of jewelry. YEAH for us pearl lovers!! Anyone else feel
this way??

My favorites have to be the white or cream colored ones, but there is
something to be said for the mauves, pinks, lilacs, gold, and all the other
colored one too. I like the pastel colors better than the dark true
colored ones like navy blue or Kelly green.

Great post KathyZ - I really am glad to see that I am not the only crazed
pearl freak out there.

My last pearl conquest was a 16 inch strand of A++ nearly round 8 mm creamy
white unbleached pearls. Got em at a local bead show last year and they
are so gorgeous and perfect that I haven't yet come up with what to do with
them. They are just too beautiful to use in a simple strand cause that's
old school and I am not the best pearl knotter. Any one have any ideas for
me??

Sterling

Old July 4th 07, 04:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Vibrant Jewels

I never saw a pearl I didn't like! LOL well maybe the chrome green ones are
a little much. My fave thing I've made so far with pearls (and other beads)
is this:
http://209.239.56.130/jewelry/BIO/freeform.jpg
http://209.239.56.130/jewelry/BIO/freeformdet.jpg
http://209.239.56.130/jewelry/BIO/freeformbracelet.jpg

And this:
http://209.239.56.130/jewelry/BIO/oceanicset1.jpg
I really like to use pearls in combo with lots of other stuff (as you can
see!) LOL
http://www.vibrantjewels.com/jewelry/BIO/winter2005.htm
Geez I need to add some new stuff, don't I? I need to DO some new stuff!!
Get off my duff and do new stuff! Sounds like a plan to me... think I'll
start off with a nice long hot bath. hahahahahaha

--
Karleen Page
Member International Jewelry Designers Guild (IJDG)
. ..

pearls Claudia Tenold Beads 0 March 28th 06 06:11 PM
AD - Bracelets of pearls, pearls and more pearls bluemaxx Beads 2 January 21st 05 09:58 PM
Need Pearls Empress Beads Beads 0 August 10th 04 01:59 AM
pearls Barbara Otterson Beads 1 March 18th 04 02:22 AM