Poncho Pattern Search

Old March 19th 08, 03:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Starsong

Default Poncho Pattern Search

All,

'allo! I'm a lurker coming out of the woodwork. I have a friend who
would like to have a poncho in pink. I don't usually use patterns,
because I prefer to freestyle. Though, I've never made a poncho, I
know they're not too much different than a shawl, but I just can't
picture how to do one. If any of you know where i can find an easy
poncho pattern, please let me know.

Starsong
Old March 19th 08, 07:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On Mar 19, 11:28*am, Starsong wrote:
All,

'allo! *I'm a lurker coming out of the woodwork. *I have a friend who
would like to have a poncho in pink. *I don't usually use patterns,
because I prefer to freestyle. *Though, I've never made a poncho, I
know they're not too much different than a shawl, but I just can't
picture how to do one. *If any of you know where i can find an easy
poncho pattern, please let me know.

What kind do you want? Crocheted or knitted? All in one piece, or two
rectangles sewn together?
Welcome to RCTY, Starsong. I hope you stay and play.

Higs,
Katherine
Old March 20th 08, 12:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
'Nez

On Mar 19, 11:28�am, Starsong wrote:
All,

'allo! �I'm a lurker coming out of the woodwork. �I have a friend who
would like to have a poncho in pink.
Starsong

Go to keyword poncho and look for Martha Stewart Ponchos. They are
knit and crochet and work up really fast. Frances
Old March 20th 08, 04:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On Mar 20, 2:18Â*am, "'Nez" wrote:
On Mar 19, 11:28�am, Starsong wrote:

All,

'allo! �I'm a lurker coming out of the woodwork. �I have a friend who
would like to have a poncho in pink.
Starsong

Go to keyword poncho and look for Martha Stewart Ponchos. Â*They are
knit and crochet and work up really fast. Â*Frances

Welcome Starsong , what a delightful name .
mirjam
Old March 23rd 08, 01:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Starsong

On Mar 19, 3:19*pm, Katherine wrote:
On Mar 19, 11:28*am, Starsong wrote:

All,

'allo! *I'm a lurker coming out of the woodwork. *I have a friend who
would like to have a poncho in pink. *I don't usually use patterns,
because I prefer to freestyle. *Though, I've never made a poncho, I
know they're not too much different than a shawl, but I just can't
picture how to do one. *If any of you know where i can find an easy
poncho pattern, please let me know.

What kind do you want? Crocheted or knitted? All in one piece, or two
rectangles sewn together?
Welcome to RCTY, Starsong. I hope you stay and play.

Higs,
Katherine

Katherine,

I want to knit the poncho, but I don't know what I want to do with the
poncho beyond that.

Starsong
Old March 23rd 08, 03:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Samantha Hill - take out TRASH to reply

Starsong wrote:

'allo! I'm a lurker coming out of the woodwork. I have a friend who
would like to have a poncho in pink. I don't usually use patterns,
because I prefer to freestyle. Though, I've never made a poncho, I
know they're not too much different than a shawl, but I just can't
picture how to do one. If any of you know where i can find an easy
poncho pattern, please let me know.

There are several different types of ponchos. This site:

http://www.thedietdiary.com/knitting...cho/index.html

has pictures and pattern generators for the basic kinds.

Or go to

http://www.lionbrand.com/cgi-bin/patternFinder.fcgi

and use the category search to find a knitted poncho in the difficulty
you desire.

Or you might prefer this page:

http://webpages.charter.net/langkilde/Roz's%20PonchoAnyone.html

It's just two rectangles that you seam together.
Old March 23rd 08, 04:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On Mar 23, 3:47*am, Starsong wrote:
On Mar 19, 3:19*pm, Katherine wrote:

On Mar 19, 11:28*am, Starsong wrote:

All,

'allo! *I'm a lurker coming out of the woodwork. *I have a friend who
would like to have a poncho in pink. *I don't usually use patterns,
because I prefer to freestyle. *Though, I've never made a poncho, I
know they're not too much different than a shawl, but I just can't
picture how to do one. *If any of you know where i can find an easy
poncho pattern, please let me know.

What kind do you want? Crocheted or knitted? All in one piece, or two
rectangles sewn together?
Welcome to RCTY, Starsong. I hope you stay and play.

Higs,
Katherine

Katherine,

I want to knit the poncho, but I don't know what I want to do with the
poncho beyond that.

Starsong- Hide quoted text -

Starsong a Poncho is a clothing item one can throw over every thing ,
you can make it lacy and wear it for Going out , or warm and sturdy
for sports ..
mirjam

looking for a poncho pattern Andy & Sharon Yarn 15 October 20th 04 05:40 AM
Poncho..... who was looking for a poncho pattern? Michaela Yarn 3 August 19th 04 06:59 PM
Poncho pattern Kayrun Yarn 1 August 12th 04 01:12 AM
Poncho pattern Michelle Yarn 0 August 3rd 04 11:02 AM