Floss Observation

Old December 16th 07, 10:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Richard Grimes

Default Floss Observation

I know DMC is much easier to get in most places and I have a stash (I
was going to say large but compared to the stashes that some of you
people have, pah, its a little pile!) ......
My favorite LNS carries Anchor so that is the brand I use the most.

Well anyway I have stitched a bird, a wedding announcement, and 2 1/2
birth samplers since August. One I got at another LNS that carries
DMC. I bought the pattern, material, and floss there. Not wanting to
take a chance that I didn't have all the colors, plus I changed a few
of the colors because I thought it had too much green. I noticed that
I had a lot of problem with twisting and knotting on the back, like
DMC came with its own little gremlin!

And I had almost no problem with the Anchor thread. I am a pretty
experienced stitcher and I do let my needle hang often to lesson
twists... this just seems wierd, I mean why would this happen? I
think both flosses have brilliant colors and I don't hesitate to use
DMC.
Old December 16th 07, 02:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
'Nez

On Dec 16, 5:52�am, Richard Grimes wrote:

And I had almost no problem with the Anchor thread. �I am a pretty
experienced stitcher and I do let my needle hang often to lesson
twists... �this just seems wierd, I mean why would this happen? �I
think both flosses have brilliant colors and I don't hesitate to use
DMC.

I was told long ago to put the cut end of the thread into the needle
eye to lessen the twisting. For some reason, it really works for me.
Frances
Old December 16th 07, 05:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C in California

Richard Grimes wrote:
My favorite LNS carries Anchor so that is the brand I use the most.

Which LNS are you using now that Stitchers Paradise closed?

I am a pretty
experienced stitcher

I know Richard from EGA and, yes, he is.

--
Karen C - California
www.CFSfacts.org where we give you the facts and dispel the myths

Finished 12/12/07 - Fisherman's Vision (Dimensions)

WIP: The Teacher (gift to the library), Bethany Angel,
Flowers of Hawaii (Jeanette Crews) for ME!!!
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel

Editor/Proofreader www.IntlProofingConsortium.com
Design page http://www.KarenMCampbell.com/designs.html
Old December 17th 07, 06:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On Dec 16, 4:52 am, Richard Grimes wrote:

I noticed that I had a lot of problem with twisting and knotting on the back, like
DMC came with its own little gremlin!

Do you separate the strands and then put them back together? When I
learned that tip from the group, I had waaaaay fewer problems like
that.

HTH!

Joan
Old December 21st 07, 03:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Richard Grimes

On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 06:57:34 -0800 (PST), "'Nez"
wrote:

On Dec 16, 5:52?am, Richard Grimes wrote:

And I had almost no problem with the Anchor thread. ?I am a pretty
experienced stitcher and I do let my needle hang often to lesson
twists... ?this just seems wierd, I mean why would this happen? ?I
think both flosses have brilliant colors and I don't hesitate to use
DMC.

I was told long ago to put the cut end of the thread into the needle
eye to lessen the twisting. For some reason, it really works for me.
Frances

now I guess that would work if I could keep track of the ends....
Old December 21st 07, 03:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Richard Grimes

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 10:54:31 -0800 (PST), "Joan E."
wrote:

On Dec 16, 4:52 am, Richard Grimes wrote:

I noticed that I had a lot of problem with twisting and knotting on the back, like
DMC came with its own little gremlin!

Do you separate the strands and then put them back together? When I
learned that tip from the group, I had waaaaay fewer problems like
that.

HTH!

Joan

I always (almost) use one strand doubled.

observation by a quilters kid Taria Quilting 15 March 7th 06 10:05 PM
OT - weird observation today Cheryl Isaak Needlework 28 June 9th 04 07:23 PM
Observation ~OT~ Tinkster Beads 15 March 4th 04 03:31 AM
OT Just an observation Jan Lennie Needlework 1 September 18th 03 08:09 PM