Anyone know ??

Old September 25th 05, 11:23 PM
spinninglilac

Of course animals can see in mirrors and the tv, not sure they can work it
all out as it moves from frame to frame, and is possibly a bit quick for
them to focus into properly, but both my dogs and the cat sit and watch
Animal Hospital, when Tiggy lets them of course, cos he is usually up there
in the front pawing at the screen being his usual pain..lol

When Chaz was a pup I put a mirror down on the floor, thinking he'd like
another dog to talk to like a budgie in a cage, he shot off howling, then
crept back to it and sniffed behind it, couldn't fatham out where the dog
kept going off to...lol now they know in their own way and take no notice..

cheers....Cher

"MRH" mthecarpenterATxcelcoDOTonDOTca wrote in message
"spinninglilac" wrote in message
lol Gem, I can imagine your dog singing, My lucy sings sometimes, what
with
them and the cat, now that's one daft moggie for sure, he sits infront

of
the tv and then starts pawing at things moving....right funny to
watch...especially if it actually is tennis on, or something, looks like
he's actually playing in with them...

See, there you go! I have heard said (and I know for a fact that it isn't
true) that animals cannot see things on TV, or even reflections. My

little
dog who passed away the month before Matthew was born, ran barking at the

TV
one day when a dog ran across the screen... it hadn't been barking either,
so it wasn't the sound that caught her attention. Also, when we went to
visit my oldest sister one time and brought Tasha along with us she

wandered
off into my sister's bedroom where we heard her carrying on something

awful.
She didn't have a normal bark, but her tongue would twist around which
sounded like she was trying to say human words (we used to joke that it
sounded like she was cursing). When we peeked in the bedroom, there she

was
having a long drawn out conversation with... the doggy in the full-length
mirror on the closet door. It was the first time she had ever seen

herself.
ROTFL

Occasionally I hold a smaller mirror in front of Casper (Buffy doesn't pay
any attention to it at all) and he will tell the other doggy in the mirror
off. hehehe

Peace!
Gem

Old September 25th 05, 11:31 PM
spinninglilac

oh I've got gnomes and toadstools all around a cherry tree in the garden, I
love these fairyland garden ornaments, and all around the garden you will
see fairys in various colours, and moles plus a notice between the ponds
with a squirrel on it that says, Squirrel Crossing, up amonst the shrubs I
have lots of different stone plaques, one of them reads.
'' The kiss of the sun for pardon
The song of the Bird for Myrth
You are closer to God in a Garden
Than anywhere else on Earth''

The bird table has all sorts of feeders hanging from it, and a little open
flower with a fairyon it for drinking/bathing water, the birds love it..
then spikes of metal with bells on the ends that go down to one spike, which
is pushed in the earth, then when the wind blows it tinkles Windmills turn
around ... At the other house I had a gnome walk around some trees and
through a gap in the hedge and down to the ponds this house garden is all at
one level, so I have them dotted around the plants and trees....when the
landscaping is down, I will restore my gnome and fairy walk...

cheers.....Cher
"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
I love fairies , Gnomes and all the other Jolly lot
mirjam

lcoDOTonDOTca wrote:

k...

Old September 26th 05, 12:15 AM
DonnaJo

What a beautiful mental image!

Old September 26th 05, 07:28 AM
spinninglilac

lol.....they do such funny things when they are little don't they....lol

"DonnaJo" wrote in message
oups.com...
What a beautiful mental image!

Old September 26th 05, 03:12 PM
Ophelia

"Katherine" wrote in message
Ophelia wrote:
"Katherine" wrote in message
Ophelia wrote:
Thank you very much Els... I can use all you have My main problem
just now is nausea. I have a bit of infection. The Consultant says
it is ok, my Doc says no. So she gave me some oral antibiotics with
which I have mega problems and now I am paying for it

OH, dear, Ophelia, what a nuisance! I hope that the nausea is worth
it when the antibiotics kick in.

Once the nausea kicks in I can't keep anything down at all. ie no
more antibiotics either. Last year when I had that awful infection I
was on IV for months if you remember.

This time I only took 3 days of oral antibiotics and even though I
had to stop taking last Tuesday them I am still having trouble
keeping anything down. What a lovely picture I paint)

Anyway.. enough! The redness is subsiding so who knows.. even that
couple of days may have helped

What does the dr say?

She doesn't know. She will just try to pump more oral antibiotics into me
again. I have been there too many times to do it again. This is not my
usual GP btw. She would know better

Old September 26th 05, 10:18 PM
MRH

Oooh, that sounds lovely!! )

I have two large (salt and pepper shakers) ceramic toadstools that I set in
the garden with a HUGE green frog sitting between them... usually peeking
out from under the rhubarb leaves. I haven't added to my collection yet...
but I have every intention of doing so. Whenever I'm in WalMart, or other
stores that have gnomes and fairies, etc... I stand looking at them wishing
I had all my bills paid off and had some extra money to buy a few. )

I also want to get a statue (not terribly large) of St Francis of Assisi to
put out there to watch over all the little visitors to the garden. )

Peace!
Gemini

Old September 26th 05, 10:30 PM
Katherine

Ophelia wrote:
"Katherine" wrote in message
Ophelia wrote:
"Katherine" wrote in message
Ophelia wrote:
[...]

Where is your usual GP????

Katherine

Old September 26th 05, 11:42 PM
MRH

"spinninglilac" wrote in message
Of course animals can see in mirrors and the tv, not sure they can work it
all out as it moves from frame to frame, and is possibly a bit quick for
them to focus into properly, but both my dogs and the cat sit and watch
Animal Hospital, when Tiggy lets them of course, cos he is usually up
there
in the front pawing at the screen being his usual pain..lol

LOL I can just see Tiggy pawing at the screen with the dogs in the back of
him trying to peek around to see what it is he's pawing at.

When Chaz was a pup I put a mirror down on the floor, thinking he'd like
another dog to talk to like a budgie in a cage, he shot off howling, then
crept back to it and sniffed behind it, couldn't fatham out where the dog
kept going off to...lol now they know in their own way and take no
notice..

That's adorable! Casper got a little freaked out the first time he ever
saw the fan move back and forth from side to side. He backed up out of the
room, all the while barking at it with his hackles up from the scruff of his
neck all down his back to his tail. Casper was only little, and my Mom was
still with us... she, Matthew and myself were almost falling off our chairs
laughing... but of course "Mama" had to go tend to Casper to make him feel
better too. LOL Eventually he got used to the fan and stopped even
noticing it.

Same thing happened another night (around the same time) when I had gotten a
bag of garbage ready to go out to the roadside. It was sitting there in the
kitchen full and all tied up. Everything was quiet and I was emailing a
friend with Casper laying on the floor beside me, while Matthew and my Mom
were watching TV in the other room. Suddenly something shifted inside the
garbage bag and it slowly started to move to slide slowly down toward the
floor. I thought Casper was going to have kittens... he backed up under the
computer table with his hackles up and grrrrr-ing at the bag. I was DYING
laughing, but had to pick him up to try to calm him down at the same time.
Matthew and my Mom were in the other room wondering what the heck I was
laughing at, and I was crying from laughing so much that I had a hard time
telling them for a few minutes. Poor little Casper was traumatized by a
garbage bag. hehehe Thankfully he got over that too, and doesn't fear
garbage bags. ;o)

Peace!
Gemini

Old September 27th 05, 08:37 AM
spinninglilac

All good things come to those who wait Gem, I'm sure one day you will have
a statue. I have two around the ponds, one is of a lady wearing only a
piece of material around her waist and up over one shoulder she is holding
an urn of some sort as if she is pouring water into the pond, and about
30inches high, the other is of a little girl and boy cuddled up together,
they look slightly victorian, and they are about 18inches high.both statues
I aquired from an auction in another town some years ago now..

Also around the pond I have frogs and japanese figures and fairies in and
around the shrubs, also one of a moles bottom and upturned back legs..he
looks like he is then just disappearing into the soil..lol...cute though.

Various feeders for the birds dotted around the trees as we don't have a
problem with squirrels here. A bird nesting box which is usually in use in
early spring by a pair of Great Tits, who work non stop right up to getting
their fledglings off. They are quite fascinating to watch..

hugz...Cher