OT

Old July 8th 09, 12:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

Default OT

just sent packing a 20yo canadian and 22yo american 'boys' here in nz going
door to door telling whatever rubbish they're spouting.
after telling them why i dont need them at my door, nor want them at my
door, i sent them packing with instructions to add my address to their list
of people never to visit again.
i told them to go back home and talk to their parents.
if one more of them shows up at my door i will call the police and have them
arrested for tresspassing.
its all bull.

Old July 8th 09, 02:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in CNY

we just had a young man here saturday selling children's books. my
daughter answered the door...as they were around the same age, they
spoke the same language.

still didnt buy anything from him, but let him know we dont have
children under 10 here and neither do any of our neigbors.

the ones i dont like are the "witnesses"...i dont mind that they have
"religion" just dont foist it upon me.

Jeanne, post a "No Soliciting" sign on your door. with a picture of a
Colt 45.
amy in CNY
Old July 8th 09, 02:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

yup, that who there were. LDS.
come over from usa and canada here to spout their rubbish.
why not work on the folks at home first, not here.
argh.
no doubt if i put a sign like that on my door the police would be round to
search my house.
i dont own a gun, dont like guns, wouldnt use a gun, dont show me a gun,
wouldnt let my kids have toy guns and sent one neighbour kid home when he
turned up in camouflague outfit with an ak47 toy gun, to play with ds.
told him take the toy home and leave it then he could come play here.
j.

"amy in CNY" wrote...

Old July 8th 09, 12:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jack Campin - bogus address

the ones i dont like are the "witnesses"...i dont mind that they
have "religion" just dont foist it upon me.

Jeanne, post a "No Soliciting" sign on your door. with a picture
of a Colt 45.

The Witnesses have a policy of not bothering anybody who tells them
not to come back. We have some locally, they're polite and friendly.

The Mormons are different - teenage zombie thugs who don't know what
"NO" means. They're almost a good reason for owning a gun.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====
****** I killfile Google posts - email me if you want to be whitelisted ******
Old July 8th 09, 01:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

at my front door today were the LDS teenage, well nearly, they were 20 and
22yrs, i asked them that.
yes they were zombies alright.
i told them in clear language why i didnt like their msg.
asked if they'd like to see the place we found Tim under the house.
told them how he looked when we found him.
they showed no emotion at all.
i told them that was weird.
i ended up telling them dont come back or you'll be tresspassing and i will
call the police and have you arrested for trespassing.
then i emailed the website telling them the same thing.
take'n no prisoners.
j.

"Jack Campin - bogus address" wrote...

Old July 8th 09, 01:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Tia Mary

amy in CNY wrote:
....snipped....
the ones i dont like are the "witnesses"...i dont mind that they have
"religion" just dont foist it upon me.

Jeanne, post a "No Soliciting" sign on your door. with a picture of a
Colt 45.
amy in CNY

My DSis is Jehovah's Witness (long story on how she got there from
being Irish Catholic!). Jack is correct -- if you tell a Witness that
you aren't interested and not to come back they are supposed to make a
note of that and let the Elders at their Kingdom Hall know and whoever
is out "on service" is to leave you alone. Easiest is, as Amy says, put
up a No Soliciting sign. If a Witness should still come knocking at
your door, ask for the phone number of their Kingdom Hall. They won't
come back.
As for getting rid of the LDS (aka Mormons), anyone's guess is as
good as mine. I have had No Soliciting signs up and they STILL insist
on being obnoxious and pestering me. I've gone the "I'll call the
police" route but they never seemed to worry about that. Haven't had
any problems here in Magnoliaville for which I am quite pleased!!
CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary
Old July 8th 09, 02:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria[_2_]

We have pretty much the opposite history here. Mormon boys
pretty polite for the most part. I never actually open my door
for strangers. They all get tired of getting hollered at through a
closed door.
So Mary, when your sister converted did she hide it from everyone?
I have a neice that is marrying a JW and has hidden it from everyone.
I would assume she will convert. I got chastised for telling the story
of my latest visit from some religios zealot in front of her fiance.
I had no idea he belonged to a cult and only got the complaint a couple of
weeks after the discussion. The only other person that seems to know
has been asked not to tell anyone. I wonder if lying/hiding the truth
is typical? If I can be good I will be allowed to go to the wedding.
I suppose I will have to take a vow of silence to go. LOL
Taria

Old July 8th 09, 05:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
onetexsun

Living in Arizona I learned a great deal about LDS and most of it was
not to my liking. I could tell you stories that would curl your hair,
straight through the computer, LOL. I will tell you how to rid
yourself once and for all of LDS missionaries who really don't know
you. Go get a few Watch Towers (the JW publication) and keep them by
the door. When LDS come by, tell them "I'm Jehova's Witness. I'd like
to share my beliefs with you. And please take a Watch Tower." Oh my.
Those young men fairly flew down my sidewalk. They just really don't
want to meet their mirror image and have to deal with it. I know it's
wrong, definitely a sin. But sometimes you have to fight fire with
fire.

BTW, in case you don't know, the LDS worldwide mission is to collect
information on everybody who ever lived and is now dead and to
posthumously marry them to someone in the church and then baptize the
dead soul into the LDS church. There's a name for it. Can't remember
now. It got dicey a few years back when it became known that they were
baptizing Holocaust victims into their church roles. They agreed not
to do that for some set number of years (basically until all the
living Holocaust victims would no longer be alive to object).

For the record, I'm a person of faith. If you want to know what faith
and the details I'll be glad to share but not without an
invitation.

Sunny
Old July 8th 09, 06:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Tia Mary

Taria wrote:
[...]

No, my DSis told us when she became a JW. Of course, it was back in
the late sixties and she was married to an Iranian and living in
Teheran. It's a *very* long & involved story. Short version is that
his (her DH) family was planning on kidnapping her, selling her & using
the $$ to buy him out of political prison. She went to the underground
trying to escape (his family had her passport) was almost captured and
ended up hiding out on the US Military Base in Teheran. The people who
took her in were JW and that's how she ended up converting.
Of course, we didn't give a tinker's damn about that, we just wanted
to get her out of the country & back to the states which happened about
a year later. CiaoMeow ^;;^

Old July 8th 09, 07:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Wow! That's a heck of a story! Sounds like a thriller of a movie script.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi