Quilting programs on DISH Network???

Old June 18th 09, 12:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie& The Furbabies in MO.

Default Quilting programs on DISH Network???

I finally sat down and tried to get the DVR on my television to record some
quilt programs. Guess what? I can't find any! I set it up to search for
quilt, quilts and quilting. All I got was a shopping program with quilted
handbags for sale.

Does anybody have DISH and can help me to find some quilting programs? Does
DISH even carry any quilting programs??? I may regret changing from
DirecTV!

Leslie &The Furbabies in MO.

Old June 18th 09, 01:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

I have Direct TV and can only find 2 sewing related programs and they are on
ETV---- Sewing with Nancy and Fons & Porter. Now and then there will be
something about sewing curtains or cushions on a decorating channel on
Direct TV.
Barbara in SC

Old June 18th 09, 01:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
judyanna

On Jun 18, 7:24*am, "Leslie& The Furbabies in MO."
wrote:
I finally sat down and tried to get the DVR on my television to record some
quilt programs. *Guess what? *I can't find any! *I set it up to search for
quilt, quilts and quilting. *All I got was a shopping program with quilted
handbags for sale.

Does anybody have DISH and can help me to find some quilting programs? *Does
DISH even carry any quilting programs??? *I may regret changing from
DirecTV!

Leslie &The Furbabies in MO.

We should all petition CREATE Tv - it's a PBS station that does even
more cooking shows - for sewing, crafting, and quilting shows. Do most
people get that station?
I'm so tired of paying for imfomercials. I have FIOS and rfd (quilt in
a day) is on that but not in my package. I don't know yet how it works
but do I have to pay, say, $10 more for 1 show on 1 station?

Judy from Mass
Old June 18th 09, 02:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna[_4_]

I have Direct TV, too. On Saturday mornings there are about
6-7 quilt show. My tv picture tube went out this morning
so I'm not sure what channel to tell you but it's something like
28. It comes on after Victory Garden. They are mostly old
shows but I haven't seen a lot of them. It has everyones show
on it.

Donna
in WA

m...

Old June 18th 09, 03:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria[_2_]

The quilting shows I can get on Dish are early Saturday morning on a sort
of local PBS station. I wouldn't see them without dish. The line up
changes
from time to time. I don't think HGTV or the other DIY type channels offer
much in the way of quilting anymore. We do use the dvr on lots of movies
and shows though. One of those things you wonder how you lived without.

How is the house coming along? Are you and the gang settling in well?
TAria

Old June 18th 09, 04:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pauline

I have Dish net & I get Quilting Arts - I don't know what station it is on
though. I get Fons & Porter as well as Quilt in a Day, Sewing with Nancy,
Martha's Sewing Room, America Sews with Sue Hausmann. They may all be on my
local PBS stations - I'm on my way out he door for my guild's quilting
retreat, but will try to remember to check when I get home on Sunday.

Pauline
Northern California

Quilting Programs Patti S Quilting 30 August 7th 05 05:15 AM
Quilt show on Family Network (Dish 9414 I think) Paulette Quilting 3 June 25th 04 05:00 PM
I'm now at liberty to dish! Mirjam Bruck-Cohen Yarn 66 January 23rd 04 04:04 PM
I'm now at liberty to dish! Bonnie Needlework 102 January 18th 04 08:40 AM
casserole dish sandi Pottery 3 December 16th 03 04:28 AM