Hollow cubes

Old June 19th 12, 04:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN[_5_]

Default Hollow cubes

During the Minnesota Quilt Show, I took a workshop from Maxine Rosenthal
on making hollow cubes. It was fun and much easier than it looks. I
finished 8 different cubes during the class. I like the way she fits
them into her "One Block Wonder" quilts, but I'm just going to add
enough fabric around the edges to make a table runner.

Today I'm doing some organizing in my sewing room and putting away all
the fabric I got out when I was getting ready for the class.

Julia in MN
--
-----------
http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/default.html

Old June 19th 12, 06:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN[_5_]

On 6/19/2012 11:57 AM, Sandy Foster wrote:
In ,
Julia in wrote:

During the Minnesota Quilt Show, I took a workshop from Maxine Rosenthal
on making hollow cubes. It was fun and much easier than it looks. I
finished 8 different cubes during the class. I like the way she fits
them into her "One Block Wonder" quilts, but I'm just going to add
enough fabric around the edges to make a table runner.

Today I'm doing some organizing in my sewing room and putting away all
the fabric I got out when I was getting ready for the class.

Julia in MN

Sounds like fun, Julia! Are you going to show us pics?

When I get something done. I should be in there doing something instead
of here on the computer. I got a new camera yesterday, so I hope to get
some photos up soon. The old one suited me just fine, but the on/off
switch was not reliable. And that, just after I finally found a card
reader that would read the SmartMedia card from the old camera. The new
camera is Fujifilm Finepix T200, a relatively inexpensive camera, but
loaded with features that I'll probably never use.

Julia in MN

--
-----------

Old June 19th 12, 09:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells[_3_]

I'm intrigued by these blocks, but don't want to do kaleidoscope quilts.
Does anyone know if there's a book by someone else that just
concentrates on the cubes or other shapes?

Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
http://picasaweb.google.com/SallySeaside

Old June 19th 12, 10:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

Have you had a look at Karen Coombs - Optical Illusions? I'm pretty
sure that is the book I am thinking of. I'll try to remember to look it
out tomorrow and check.
..
In message , Sally Swindells
writes
I'm intrigued by these blocks, but don't want to do kaleidoscope
quilts. Does anyone know if there's a book by someone else that just
concentrates on the cubes or other shapes?

Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
http://picasaweb.google.com/SallySeaside

--
Best Regards
Pat on the Green
Old June 19th 12, 11:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*[_5_]

oh i love any of the 3D look or real 3D blocks.
i hope i dont have to wait long for those pix from your new fangled camera.

j.

"Julia in MN" ...

Old June 20th 12, 03:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN[_5_]

There is "Building Block Quilts" by Sara Nephew; she also has several
other books. Also Maxine Rosenthal's book "One Block Wonders Encore"
has good directions for the cubes. She also has a third book "One Block
Wonders Cubed" that does even more with the cubes & 3-D effects.

Julia in MN

On 6/19/2012 3:52 PM, Sally Swindells wrote:
[...]

AD: Jolly Rancher Cubes Cindy Schoepp Beads 3 August 3rd 05 10:24 PM
A question about cubes Anna W. Beads 6 March 15th 05 07:56 AM
Ice cubes C A . Butler Doll Houses 2 October 15th 04 02:13 AM
Ice cubes C A . Butler Polymer Clay 1 October 13th 04 12:50 AM
Hollow Cubes...more on my class Ann Quilting 0 February 23rd 04 01:36 AM