S.O.S. : Same Ol' Scraps

Old June 14th 12, 06:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Hanne in DK

Default S.O.S. : Same Ol' Scraps

Oh no, not at all! Just thinking that maybe there are more of us with
more of a scrap heap than we know what to do with :-)

Hanne in DK
-with a scrap heap in Scotland, that she doesn't know how to get to!

Den 14-06-2012 18:23, Roberta skrev:
Ooh, funny! Are you attempting to challenge my title?
Roberta in D, Queen of the Scrap Heap

On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 15:52:23 +0200, Hanne in
wrote:

Maybe we need to start running annual "scrap heap challenge"? As in Like
robot wars, only making soft stuff and compete by pics online? Material
only from the scarp heap of course, except thread, tools and maybe
batting and embellishments? :-)

Hanne in DK

Den 14-06-2012 13:20, Roberta skrev:
But I adore scraps! Especially other people's. I never turn away
scraps,they all find shelter with me, noblesse oblige.
Roberta in D, Queen of the Scrap Heap

On Wed, 13 Jun 2012 15:30:25 -0400,
wrote:

Scraps are deadly...every time my guild has some to give away I swear I
won't even look and then before I know it I'm bringing some along with
me to a good home. sigh. It's a good thing for my sewing room that you
don't live nearby.
Allison

Old June 15th 12, 02:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Laity Price

My guild has several years held an ugly or unwanted fabric challenge
over the summer. Members bring a sealed brown bag full of unwanted
fabrics to the May meeting. If you bring a bag you can take home a
bag. At the October meeting quilts made from the fabrics are brought
to Show and Tell. It is amazing what members have made. It is a fun
way to clear your stash. Susan

On Tue, 12 Jun 2012 15:16:30 -0500, Sandy E wrote:

Howdy!

I've been rootling thru' the same scraps for years.
PLEASE, please take some of these off my hands, out of my baskets,
into your stash.
Send me a note, add your address, I'll send you a bag of these
pretty things. It's potluck: use what you like, do as you please
with them. Just SOMEONE, please take some of these scraps!
(North American continent, please; first 5 responses)

Some of my quilts; figure the scraps are from these:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/41469540@N08/

Thanks!
Ragmop/Sandy- listening to the thunder rumbling in north Texas

Old June 16th 12, 11:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

The answer to your scrap issues is to keep making scrap blocks. Don't
allow them to pile up and take over. (As in the old Wizard of Id
cartoon: Sir Rodney: "Sire! The peasants are revolting!" King: "You
can say that again!") Doesn't matter if you have a plan or not,
although it might be helpful to make them all the same size, maybe
even the same pattern. Eventually you will have a stack of blocks. My
stack tends to be 6.5" variable stars. (Uses triangles, and I tend to
acquire lots of 2" HST units.)
Roberta in D, Queen of the Scrap Heap

Old June 16th 12, 07:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Twila P

Default S.O.S. : Same Ol' Scraps-SANDY

I would just love some of your scraps! However I am a lurker although I
did post a couple of times a year or so ago. Then I decided you were all
way beyond my capabilities so I quit posting but not reading. I'll even
reimburse you for the scraps. I'll wait to see a post telling me if
you'll post to a lurker. Twila Palmatier in Willow, Alaska

Old June 16th 12, 08:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

"Twila P" ...
I would just love some of your scraps! However I am a lurker although I
did post a couple of times a year or so ago. Then I decided you were all
way beyond my capabilities so I quit posting but not reading. I'll even
reimburse you for the scraps. I'll wait to see a post telling me if
you'll post to a lurker. Twila Palmatier in Willow, Alaska

Hi Twila, Hope to see more of your posts!

Barbara in SC

Old June 16th 12, 10:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

"Sandy E"
I've been rootling thru' the same scraps for years.
PLEASE, please take some of these off my hands, out of my baskets,
into your stash. (clip)
Some of my quilts; figure the scraps are from these:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41469540@N08/

Thanks!
Ragmop/Sandy- listening to the thunder rumbling in north Texas

Sandy, your quilts are beautiful!
Barbara in SC

Old June 16th 12, 10:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Hanne in DK

Actually, I don't have a lot of scraps, about a shoebox size one
(regular size, not boots - LOL!).

But your suggestions are definitely sound :-)

Hanne in DK

Old June 16th 12, 11:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*[_5_]

i remember your name as it is not one i'd ever heard of before.
if you really think we were 'all' above your capability (not likely at all),
you must have heaps of questions or things you wondered about how they
worked in quilting even if you are never going to be inclined to try it, so
where are all your questions and wonderings?
surely there have to be a whole bunch of them.
that is what keeps RCTQ working and existing. if more and more of us keep
lurking we'll eventually just die of boredon. so come on, Twila, let rip
with some of the thing re quilting you've always wondered about.
i hope someone backs me up on this cuz i just cant let a lurker remain in
lurkdom when i just now there are opinions and ideas on all manner of
solutions here but the questions need to be asked for those opinions and
solutions to be voiced.
just trying to keep warm in the south pacific winter where, when i got up to
make a trip to the loo and grab a hot cuppa tea, the temp showing on our
thermostat this morning at 7:30am, just a few mins past sunrise, in the
ceiling above all that pink batting we put in a few yrs back, was -1
degrees....omg, bloody heck, its never been that cold in the 35+ yrs i've
lived here. what the hell is going on in the world........faint....it was
only 12C in the house at that time. brrrrrrr.
ok, i know it gets colder up your end of the planet but it never is that
cold here in Auckland. not in my neighbourhood anyhow. got out of bed at
9:30, half an hour ago and just put track pants and a fleece jacket over my
jammys, changed from bed socks into daytime socks, added shoes, already had
my knitted beret (slept with that on cuz i dont like a warm room to sleep
in...gotta keep the body heat in too, and my 10 ft or so long LIME green
eyelash? fabric scarf round my neck 4 x. i will not be cold!!! )
j.
ps, we're also on facebook as RCTQ, funny that, eh. )
brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

"Twila P" wrote...

Old June 17th 12, 05:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Well said, Jeanne. If our lurkers hesitate to climb in and our regular
quilters pop by to read but don't bother to share their quilting with us,
rctq here will just fade away. If you don't give a happy hoot whether rctq
survives or not - just keep quiet. That will be your answer. Polly

"J*" wrote, in part if more and more of us keep

Old June 17th 12, 09:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Capabilities? rubbish. Everybody starts somewhere. My 1st quilt fell
apart in the wash and got tossed in the bin. The 2nd was only
marginally better. After that, I started reading instructions :-) So
we're not necesarily better at it, we're just more stubborn. Go ahead
and ask questions! Send links to your photos! We'll be gentle, because
we all need gentility from the rest of the group.
Roberta in D

On Sat, 16 Jun 2012 10:42:48 -0800, (Twila P)
wrote:

I would just love some of your scraps! However I am a lurker although I
did post a couple of times a year or so ago. Then I decided you were all
way beyond my capabilities so I quit posting but not reading. I'll even
reimburse you for the scraps. I'll wait to see a post telling me if
you'll post to a lurker. Twila Palmatier in Willow, Alaska

Scraps Available Donna in NE La.[_2_] Quilting 5 August 18th 08 11:16 PM
What to do with scraps? Sunny Quilting 8 October 2nd 06 04:43 PM
Want scraps? Tricia Quilting 10 October 27th 05 04:37 AM
What are scraps ??? Heidi from Germany Quilting 20 October 9th 05 06:05 PM
Scraps Cindy Schmidt Quilting 0 January 7th 04 09:26 PM