OT ? covering a new toy

Old April 22nd 12, 04:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default OT ? covering a new toy

I have a new laptop . . . although it may be something else. A small (but
not very) computer thingie we can take on trips so I can read email, visit
with you all and other stuff.
Two questions: I'm thinking it needs a cover with pockets to hold the
wireless mouse and the charger cord. Anyone made one?
And I'm thinking I need to mark it in case it walks away from a hotel
room or the car. Probably Not smart to put my personal i.d. on it. Can it
be chipped like we do the QI?
Please drag me into the www. gently. Polly

Old April 22nd 12, 04:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Polly, I have a very small laptop that some tell me is a netbook and some say notebook. Whatever it is it works for me! ;-) I have been seriously tempted to decorate both this critter and my cell phone by gluing "jewels" on it in some pattern..... yet to be determined but certainly based on some quilt block. Maybe you could use my idea... or run with it and come up with something even better

Have fun whatever you do!

Leeslie & The Furbabies in MO.

PS: I found a cushion type thingy at WalMart ($12-15 ???) that is a lap desk for holding a laptop at a comfortable angle. It's made with a hollow center and my little puter slides right in there- cord and all with room for a mouse, too. It protects the puter on all sides with a very firm foam rubber-type material and has Velcro tabs on the open ends. There are two pockets on the front for my notes and a pen. A pretty cover/tote could be made for the lap desk, including a carry handle.

Old April 22nd 12, 04:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Thank you, Leslie, for the 'buy a lap desk' idea. I can do that. What I
don't want to do is make it attractive for 'take out'. Maybe I could
disguise it as a kitty litter pan? Polly

Old April 22nd 12, 05:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*[_5_]

i like the lap desk idea too.
i recall reading, not that long ago, about a guy who had his laptop stolen
and he used another
computer to track it, find it and get the cops there to arrest the thief and
retrieve his computer.
its all done with computer software, i think. he also took complete control
of the computer and turned the camera above the screen on to see who was
using his laptop.
all without the user/thief being aware what was going on. seemed a very
clever thing to do. )

as long as your computer is able to hook up to the internet all things seem
possible. gotta love it. i'll see if i can find that info somewhere or you
might find it sooner than i do lately as i'm still having issues focusing
and making sense at all. :/
j.

"Polly Esther" wrote ...

Old April 22nd 12, 05:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*[_5_]

http://preyproject.com/
there is a video there to see how it works and the download is free.
should be straight forward to install and also user friendly as we're not
all geeky enough to do anything too complicated.
see how you get on with that and let us all know whatcha think too.
hope that helps.
j.

Old April 22nd 12, 05:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Dear J*, you're way ahead of most of us. Wow. I used to have this very
simple list of things to pack for an overnight trip or further. Farther?
Now I want the phone + plus cigarette lighter power, and the onstar/magellan
thing to tell me to turn right and NOW the new thing with charger and mouse
pocket. Good grief. I guess the worst thing I didn't pack was an eyebrow
pencil sharpener. Know what it's like to have only one eyebrow? Polly

Old April 22nd 12, 05:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

This is similar to mine- my little puter slides right into the 'slot' in the middle.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Belkin-Cus...ndingMethod=rr

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old April 22nd 12, 04:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Judie in Las Vegas (was in Penfield NY)

On 4/22/2012 12:20 AM, J* wrote:
http://preyproject.com/
there is a video there to see how it works and the download is free.
should be straight forward to install and also user friendly as we're not
all geeky enough to do anything too complicated.
see how you get on with that and let us all know whatcha think too.
hope that helps.
j.

That's really incredible, seems really easy and worth trying. Leae it to
you Jeanne!!!

Judie in Penfield (sometimes in Las Vegas)
Old April 23rd 12, 04:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AllisonH

On 22/04/2012 12:20 AM, J* wrote:
http://preyproject.com/
there is a video there to see how it works and the download is free.
should be straight forward to install and also user friendly as we're not
all geeky enough to do anything too complicated.
see how you get on with that and let us all know whatcha think too.
hope that helps.
j.

Looks great! Thank you Jeanne!!!!
Allison