Losing access to newsgroup

Old June 10th 09, 02:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pauline

Default Losing access to newsgroup

AT&T posted a message yesterday that they would no longer be supporting
Usenet groups I know there are alternate ways to access the
newsgroup - Google being one of them. Can anyone post how they are able to
read & post to the newsgroup that is a cleaner route than going thru Google?

Pauline
Northern California

Old June 10th 09, 02:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debbi in SO CA

Are you actually losing your newsgroups or is this some of the spam that
has been going around. I have seen the heading message on almost all of
my newsgroups. Unless you get the message from AT&T itself, I wouldn't
worry too much right away.

Debbi in SO CA

Old June 10th 09, 02:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
"Pauline" wrote:

AT&T posted a message yesterday that they would no longer be supporting
Usenet groups I know there are alternate ways to access the
newsgroup - Google being one of them. Can anyone post how they are able to
read & post to the newsgroup that is a cleaner route than going thru Google?

Pauline
Northern California

If you are really losing ATT access to newsgroups, there are some free
services (Motzarella, Aioe, to name a couple) that will allow you to
access RCTQ. If you need a group that isn't part of their service,
Supernews is good and not expensive.

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old June 10th 09, 03:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in Idaho[_2_]

I use news.individual.net - costs me $14.11 a year and is very reliable. I
know several other people on rctq use it too, that's how I found out about
it.

Donna in SW Idaho

Old June 10th 09, 04:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate in MI

I use news.albasani.net and have found it very user-friendly... keeps
messages available for a long time... and it's FREE!

--
Kate in MI

Old June 10th 09, 04:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
onetexsun

I keep thinking I must be dense or something, but using Google is
absolutely the easiest way of reading and responding to the posts in
this list. On the side of the page is a list of all the posts with new
active. A quick glance shows me the poster, the subject and how many
people have jumped into the stew.

I have several other news groups that I absolutely hate because of the
clunky nature of the interface. Wish they were all Google groups.

Sunny

Old June 10th 09, 12:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Jun 9, 11:30*pm, onetexsun wrote:
I keep thinking I must be dense or something, but using Google is
absolutely the easiest way of reading and responding to the posts in
this list. On the side of the page is a list of all the posts with new
active. A quick glance shows me the poster, the subject and how many
people have jumped into the stew.

I have several other news groups that I absolutely hate because of the
clunky nature of the interface. Wish they were all Google groups.

Sunny

I agree. I have used Google for years. I have heard others complain
about it and laud their own choices. The only times I have disliked
using other browsers for access, is when I was using other than my own
computers. I guess it is just a case of what you get used to.

John
Old June 10th 09, 02:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in Idaho[_2_]

Google doesn't allow access to binary newsgroups. Therefore, I stay with
news.indivicual.net.

Donna in SW Idaho

Old June 10th 09, 04:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
ME-Judy[_6_]

I use the reader at news.motzarella.org It downloads right in my
Outlook Express email program under "newsgroups". 'Sides that, it's free!
ME-Judy

"Pauline" wrote in message
AT&T posted a message yesterday that they would no longer be supporting
Usenet groups I know there are alternate ways to access the
newsgroup - Google being one of them. Can anyone post how they are able
to read & post to the newsgroup that is a cleaner route than going thru
Google?

Pauline
Northern California

OT - Newsgroup Access TerriLee in WA Quilting 8 April 13th 06 12:11 AM
OT - Newsgroup Access Tia Mary Needlework 35 July 29th 05 09:49 PM
losing a canine friend [email protected] Quilting 19 February 17th 05 10:22 PM
losing my sewing room Lisa Sewing 37 October 5th 04 04:12 PM
newsgroup access---help! Gtinkerbelle Quilting 4 February 18th 04 01:46 AM