new to this

Old October 22nd 05, 02:57 AM
Kerensa Slay

Default new to this

Hello all. This is my first time trying out newsgroups. I've been a member
of a few quilting groups through yahoo groups though and am currently in a
few at the moment.

I just started quilting in June of 2004 with an online yahoo quilt group.
Jumped straight in with both feet and made my very first summer mystery
quilt. A little wavy but not bad considering I didn't have all the right
tools to work with. Have come a long way since then, and a lot more tools
and fabric too lol

I am 34 years old, married with two children ages 11 and 14 and three
furbabies (2 cats and 1 dog). I live in the NW Florida Panhandle between
Pensacola and Panama City Beach.

I have, to date, made a king sized mystery quilt that is currently on my
bed, a trip around the world baby quilt, and three wallhangings, one of
which was completely paper pieced and one was embroidered. I have only
quilted the smaller ones myself and a friend quilted my king size with her
Long Arm after taking pity on me trying to use my Pfaff lol. I don't
consider myself a quilter yet, only a piecer lol ;-) I have a yahoo photo
album online where I keep all my quilting photos also.

So how do these news groups work? Nice to meet you all.
--
Hugs,
Kerensa

My Quilting Photos
http://photos.yahoo.com/ph/a_web_junkie/my_photos

Old October 22nd 05, 03:02 AM
frood

Hi, Kerensa! Lovely name - I hope I'm pronouncing it in my head correctly.
Welcome to one of the friendliest newsgroups around!

--
Wendy
De-STUFF email address to reply
news

Old October 22nd 05, 03:05 AM
D Curtis

http://oii.org/cyberu/html/usenet.htm This page might help you
understand how news groups are different from web page based groups..
but first, welcome to RCTQ! Take a seat over there next to Butterfly and
watch out for the shameless beggers, especially that kiwi over there who
loves LIME and the ones eatting all the chocolates. The rest of us are
like a party mix of nuts, something to suit every taste.
Diana, in WI

Old October 22nd 05, 03:13 AM
Mary in Washington

Hi Kerensa. Did you know that the new person in a newsgroup has to
send a pound of chocolate to every member of the group?? I have been
trying to get that rule posted....was wondering if it was....lol

Welcome, and as Diana said....pull up a chair and enjoy yourself at the
best virtual quilting frame on the internet.

Mary

A Friend Is Like A Good Bra. Hard to Find, Supportive, Comfortable, And
Always Close To Your Heart!
http://community.webshots.com/user/moondancewa

Old October 22nd 05, 03:31 AM
Kerensa

Thank you for the most gracious welcome! I plan on checking out the link
here very shortly ;-) kiwi and lime sound great when taken on the side with
lots of chocolate and a great party mix :-D
Hugs,
Kerensa

Old October 22nd 05, 03:32 AM
Kerensa

but...but...but... I already finished it all off :-(( lol I adore your
siggy line! Thanks for the welcome! I'm looking forward to the chatter.
Hugs,
Kerensa

oups.com...

Old October 22nd 05, 03:34 AM
Kerensa

Thank you for the welcome! My name is pronounced like Cur (in curry) REN sa
(did that make any sense whatsoever? lol Once you learn it you'll never
forget it ;-)
Hugs,
Kerensa

m...

Old October 22nd 05, 03:38 AM
nzlstar*

nice to have ya here with us, ms K.
pull up a comfy chair and grab u'r cuppa cuz we are a chatty lot here and
often have over 150 new posts each day. dont feel obliged to read them all.
those not talking quilting should show up as OT aka Off Topic, so if you're
only wanting to hear bout quilting/sewing that will speed up your reading
some. hee hee.
and we dont post pix here (not a pix ng) or post any advertising of our own
retail websites just as a general rule of thumb tho some do creep in
occasionally. watch for the occasional troll to appear and try throwing
spanners into the works here, for those we just tend to either ignore them
or find out what quilting they are up to, lol.
we'd love to hear about your fav colours, designs, fabs, chocolate and QIs.
as well if you've got any questions, feel free to ask or join in with replys
bout your own experience with any topics posted here. we all learn from one
another, even those who are pros at this quilting obsession.
from a slightly grey day in the usually sunny south pacific,
jeanne
who thinks from your siggy lines you've been to the Houston show, lol

Ms Di,
OI, who you calling shameless????
well i never!! hrmph
and i just now finished sending Kerensa a post about fixing her addy so she
wont be harvested.
now i'm busy looking thru all her pix on yahoo. what a lovely place you got
there...5 acres too, very nice for those kidlets to grow up on. nice to have
ya here with us, ms K.
i sure hope ya got all the hatches battened down as i hear that nasty Wilma
is on her way thru Florida.
and i do not beg. in fact iirc, i asked for no more squishys as i'm full up
to the brim after my long trip over there thru recently. good grief, some
people.
yes yes i still love ya Di but you'll be giving our newbie the wrong idea
about me, not to mention others here who dont know me very well.
hugz,
jeanne
just one of the nutz, pass the m'n'ms please if anyone can find'em
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r

"D Curtis" wrote...

Old October 22nd 05, 03:40 AM
nzlstar*

uh Mary,
omg and Di called me a shameless begger.
she must of meant you of course, lol.
jeanne
btw, its FQs all around not a pound of chocolate, geez
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar

"Mary in Washington" wrote...

Old October 22nd 05, 03:41 AM
nzlstar*

how can you tell, with all the stuff slopping round inside u'r head, Frood,
lol.
ducking real fast
jeanne
--