Beaded Bracelets - ANA - MIA - ED

Old March 29th 05, 03:28 PM
* I M M O R T A L I T Y *

Default Beaded Bracelets - ANA - MIA - ED

Hi All,

Im not sure if this group is active or not, looks like everyone spams here..
?? Any real people ?

I came here to ask yoru oppinions about my bracelets, you can see them on
Ebay:

http://search.ebay.com.au/_W0QQsassZrazstock

They are made for ANA / MIA and ED support.

Hope you like the, any tips on improving them would be great.

:-) thank you

Old March 29th 05, 04:23 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

There are lots of real people here and not much spam.

That said, I really can't tell if you are trying to offer support to those
suffering from eating disorders or just trying to make a buck off of their
pain. I know that many anorexia sufferers will wear red bracelets in order
to identify themselves to each other and to try and build a community
together that encourages their illness.Sorry, but that's how I feel.

Barbara
www.penguintrax.com

eBay: penguintrax
Justbeadsenguintrax

0
/O\

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness.
(Dave Barry)

Need quality, inexpensive web hosting? Check out http://www.lyonshost.com.
Shopping carts, blogs, image galleries, content management and more!

Old March 29th 05, 06:40 PM
Stephanie

They are made for ANA / MIA and ED support

I thought the bracelet idea was more for support of a cure. Monies
being donated as part of supporting efforts for a cure and raising
public awareness. Like the ribbons.

Old March 29th 05, 07:31 PM
Dr. Sooz

Im not sure if this group is active or not, looks like everyone spams
here..
?? Any real people ?

Is this serious, or a joke?

Old March 29th 05, 07:39 PM

yeah, really. I think the original poster started off on the wrong
foot, here.

-Amber.

Old March 29th 05, 10:12 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

She doesn't say anything about donating funds. I know for a fact that
anorexia nervosa sufferers/practioners wear red bracelets in order to
identify themselves to one another. I know this because I have been asked to
make these in the past. I refused, for whatever that's worth.

Old March 30th 05, 01:33 AM
Stephanie

I wonder if they ever get confused with the red string worn around the
wrist that wards off the evil eye for Kabahlists.

Old March 30th 05, 01:56 AM
Kalera Stratton

What group are you referring to? There is almost no SPAM in
rec.crafts.beads, but maybe there's a problem with your newsfeed and
you're not seeing the rest of the posts? This is a very active group
with a large posting base.

--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
Old March 30th 05, 02:06 AM
Kalera Stratton

Looking at the auctions and reading the wording carefully, it would
appear that she is supporting the DISORDERS, not the TREATMENT. There is
a huge eating-disorder culture in which the sufferers support each other
in their disorder. I am guessing that she is either a sufferer who is
deeply entrenched in this culture and is doing her part to perpetuate
the illness, or she is a vulture out to profit from other people's pain.
Either way, she is very sick.

Old March 30th 05, 02:07 AM
Polly S.

Kalera Stratton wrote:
Looking at the auctions and reading the wording carefully, it would
appear that she is supporting the DISORDERS, not the TREATMENT. There is
a huge eating-disorder culture in which the sufferers support each other
in their disorder. I am guessing that she is either a sufferer who is

I am confused. They support each other in their disorder or in
surviving/overcoming the disorder?

deeply entrenched in this culture and is doing her part to perpetuate
the illness, or she is a vulture out to profit from other people's pain.
Either way, she is very sick.

--
Polly
---