OT - my e-mail box

Old October 9th 03, 12:21 PM
Anna MCM

Default OT - my e-mail box

I just discovered that the fake Microsoft patch flooding began again
:-(((
I got 8 such messages in 5 minutes :-(((
My provider filtered them for a week, then people started complaining
about the impossibility of sending .exe attachments (all of them got
filtered) and so the flooding is back... and my 5Mb box gets filled in
just some hours!
I canīt sit in front of my PC 24/7 in order to clean the mailbox, thatīs
just impossible, so please ladies and gentleman, if you send me a
message and it bounces back due to "full mailbox" be plase so kind to
send it again after some hours, itīs very possible that I cleaned the
mailbox in the meantime.
Thank you all for your kindness,

Anna Maria
Old October 9th 03, 04:09 PM
Aud

Similar things happens to me just now.
I am afraid I have deleted some OK mails too,
because my "security level " is set so high at the moment,
that everyone who is not declared as secure by me, goes stright into the
"dust bin".
I always read through the headlines and sender before deleteing,
But you never know what I can do (!LOL!)
when there are so many messages.
SO, if you have sent mail to me,
and I have not responded, please try again.
It might well be my fault ;-)))
AUD ;-))--

"Anna MCM" skrev i melding

Old October 9th 03, 04:15 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi gals,

You mean I can look forward to receiving all that garbage mail again, not nice
at all. So far I haven't had any today and I hope I don't.

Hugs,

Nora who is going through over 270 messages.
Old October 9th 03, 06:35 PM
Jennifer Molvik

Don't just delete it, block sender as well. In my Outlook, any that try to
come through again just go to my deleted file.

JMTCW

JJMolvik

Old October 9th 03, 11:45 PM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Hee Anna Maria
i thought we got rid of it when PLUNK it tumbled in again ,,,, jeeeks
my delete finger hurts
mirjam

Old October 9th 03, 11:46 PM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Yes nora The WAVE started again ,,,,, who are the Idiots who do this
JEEEEEKS help !!!!
mirjam

Old October 10th 03, 12:57 AM
Norma

Someone suggested getting the "mailwasher free program". I downloaded that,
and it does help a lot. Maybe you would like to try it, too.

--
Star love,
Norma

Old October 10th 03, 03:38 AM
Cori

I second the vote for mailwasher. It makes it very very easy to block the
senders and since I started using it my spams have gone way down. I
blacklist domains, bounce stuff back and it never even enters my email
program unless I mark the sender as a friend. The best part is that it is
free!

Happy Crafting,

Cori

--
Delete nospam to email me back

---

Old October 10th 03, 07:26 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Thank you i will Forward it to my son ,,,, he did do some preventitive
things on my mail ,
mirjam

Old October 10th 03, 01:12 PM
Barbara Vaughan

Jennifer Molvik wrote:

Don't just delete it, block sender as well. In my Outlook, any that try to
come through again just go to my deleted file.

Most of them change the sender name every time, so blocking sender
doesn't help much.

Barbara