Shades of grey

Old August 23rd 10, 09:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna D.

Default Shades of grey

Does anyone know if Anchor has real shades of grey? I need pewter or steel
grey and DMC has too much blue in their greys now. I really can't tell my
the swatches online.what Anchor really looks like.
TIA
Donna

Old August 23rd 10, 10:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lynoth

On Aug 23, 1:54*pm, "Donna D." wrote:
Does anyone know if Anchor has real shades of grey? I need pewter or steel
grey and DMC has too much blue in their greys now. I really can't tell my
the swatches online.what Anchor really looks like.
TIA
Donna

I have no idea, but the ladies at Needle in a Haystack might. # is
510-522-0404 and if they find something for you they do phone/
mailorder P

Old August 23rd 10, 11:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lynoth

On Aug 23, 1:54 pm, "Donna D." wrote:

Does anyone know if Anchor has real shades of grey? I need pewter or steel
grey and DMC has too much blue in their greys now. I really can't tell my
the swatches online.what Anchor really looks like.
TIA
Donna

I have no idea, but the ladies at Needle in a Haystack might. *# is
510-522-0404 and if they find something for you they do phone/
mailorder P

no problem. Unfortunately they're only "local" in the very loosest
sense of the word, or I'd wander over myself!

Old August 24th 10, 01:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cathy from KY in CA

On Aug 23, 1:54*pm, "Donna D." wrote:
Does anyone know if Anchor has real shades of grey? I need pewter or steel
grey and DMC has too much blue in their greys now. I really can't tell my
the swatches online.what Anchor really looks like.
TIA
Donna

Did you look at DMC 414? I am using it in a piece, now and it is a
steel grey.
Check it out.

just me,
Cathy from KY in CA
Old August 25th 10, 12:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna D.

I have old and new dmc 318 413 414 415 I need all shades and the new is too
blue. I wondered about other fibers but there isn't a shop around anymore
for me to run to. I bought some Anchor and I hope it works. I am working on
a boy scout eagle project. The book however is old and the patches have
changed The eagle is pewter.now.
Donna

Old August 27th 10, 01:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna D.

Thanks.
I did order some from a shop. They say its greyer than dmc but that
doesn't say much. Old DMC had great grey and I found an odd number that was
light grey.
I have some over dyed from an old project somewhere.I used to do whole
projects with just overdyes and specialty fibers But I want a new dye lot
in case I need extra. I hate running out of floss in the middle and not have
the right dye lot. Been there done that.
Thanks again
Donna

"Ellice K." wrote in message
On 8/23/10 4:54 PM, in article
, "Donna D."
wrote:

Does anyone know if Anchor has real shades of grey? I need pewter or
steel
grey and DMC has too much blue in their greys now. I really can't tell my
the swatches online.what Anchor really looks like.
TIA
Donna

I'm pretty sure that Anchor has a grey series. For floss, I tend to use
Anchor, and I have a fair amount - but I'll have to go find the color card
and look.

Someone else mentioned GAST and WDW - who both have some very nice greys,
as
does Carrie's Creations. They're all variegated, but some not so much.

How soon do you need it - at least one of our LNS stocks the full Anchor
line, and there's half a chance I can find some in my stash - but if you
need someone to go look for you - I'd do it - though the long distance
thing
isn't so good for color sharing. If I find some in my stash, I can photo
and e-mail you.

Ellice