Joan read this, subject changed !

Old July 22nd 03, 07:51 PM
Gillian Murray

Default Joan read this, subject changed !

I remember hearing the one about the man with a gun from when I was tiny!
Forgot all about it until then. Do you remember the skipping chant
Mrs M
Mrs I
Mrs SSI,
Mrs SSI
Mrs PPI?

Gillian.
wrote in message
On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 21:05:39 GMT, animaux
wrote:

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 15:54:07 -0300, wrote:

What was that ryhme?

Little birdie flying high
Dropped a message from the sky
Boy I'm sure glad
Cows don't fly

Something like that.

My memory is totally different, growing up in Brooklyn and all.

Birdy on my window sill
Sitting there all quiet and still
I lured him over with some crumbs of bread
Then I bashed his effin head.

Now, before everyone FREAKS out on me, it is my MOST despised little

diddy and I
save ants in our house and rescue them from the sink to put them back

outside to
safety.

I was only recalling a dumb poem, or limerick. What is a limerick,

anyway?

Limerick

I sat next to the duchess at tea
As quiet as quiet could be
Her rumblings abdominal
Were something phenomenal
And everyone thought it was me!

You get the idea, there is also one about Nantucket and bucket that I
recall but I will not post here !

I have a Victorian child's plate with this little ditty

There was a little man
And he had a little gun
And his bullets were made of
Lead, lead ,lead.

He went to the brook
And saw a little duck
And shot it through
The head, head, head

It is complete with graphic pictures of the little man with a
blunderbuss type gun and a duck in flight with feathers coming out all
over the place ! Nice plate for a child !

Like your birdie one too

Sheena

Old July 22nd 03, 08:06 PM
Joan Erickson

Gillian Murray wrote:

I remember hearing the one about the man with a gun from when I was tiny!
Forgot all about it until then. Do you remember the skipping chant
Mrs M
Mrs I
Mrs SSI,
Mrs SSI
Mrs PPI?

The version I remember was "Capital M, I, crooked letter, crooked
letter, I, crooked letter, crooked letter, I, hump-back, hump-back, I.
There were various actions for each letter to jump the rope with, too.

--
Joan

See my first-ever design he
http://www.HeritageShoppe.com/heritage/temp/joan1.jpg

"Stitch when you are young and poor, frame when you are old and rich."
- Elizabeth's (rctn'r) sister's MIL (Barbara Marr)

Old July 22nd 03, 08:32 PM
Gillian Murray

Kids had a lot of harmless fun in those days, before TV and videos and
Gameboy!! I would keep "Little Women" hidden ( I thought) behind the
lavatory, so I could sneak into the bathroom and read, rather than help
wash-up.

Gillian

Old July 23rd 03, 07:02 AM
Liz Hampton

Kids had a lot of harmless fun in those days, before TV and videos and
Gameboy!! I would keep "Little Women" hidden ( I thought) behind the
lavatory, so I could sneak into the bathroom and read, rather than help
wash-up.

Gillian

My older sister tried that but my parents figured out what was going on and
just left them for her. Then she had to do them before she went to bed. :-)
Liz from Humbug