Where is everyone?????

Old June 30th 17, 10:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
D J

Default Where is everyone?????

On Friday, June 9, 2017 at 5:03:32 PM UTC-4, Joan Erickson wrote:
I guess you must all be out enjoying the nice weather!

I have been enjoying the nice weather and the rainy weather as well!
Yard work when it's nice and stitching when it's rainy.
I went through my WIPs bin and put all my old WIPs on qsnaps or scroll rods. A couple of WIPs were too small for qsnaps, but they got finished anyway.
The two that I finished were "With enough coffee I could rule the world" and the "Pastel Heart Sampler" by Woolgathering. Not sure of that website.

Now that I have most of my WIPs at the ready, maybe I can get them done so I can start something new!

Ready WIPs:
1. The Castle by TW
2. Majestic Eagle by Sunset (a kit)
3. Feathered Stars by Design Works Crafts (a kit)
4. The Promise-Bald Eagle by The Gold Collection (Dimensions kit)
5. Too Cold To Go Outside by Julia Lucas (from a magazine)

Ok, I confess. I started a new project last night. But project #5 is almost done, I just need to finish shiny threads and the beads!
The new project is very small, under 3 inches square. It's called "Heart - Zigzag Rainbow" by Katherine Martin Tripp from the website www.better-cross-stitch-patterns.com
Not sure if it was free or not, but it's cute, small and colorful.

I feel so much better now that I've confessed. As punishment I'll do more housework...tomorrow!!!

So what is everyone else up to?

Sincerely,

Up to no good, Dawn

Old July 1st 17, 12:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucretia[_2_]

On Fri, 30 Jun 2017 14:42:20 -0700 (PDT), D J
wrote:

[...]

I'm still here but knitting rather than stitching proper. My younger
daughter goes to a yoga session and one of the others enquired after
her socks. So you can guess, I wound up committing to two pairs for
her. She wanted to pay me but since she and her husband go yearly for
a couple of months to work with Cambodian kids, I said no, 'what goes
around comes around' - anyway the circle completes itself I suppose as
any yarn I have left over goes to a friend who knits bears that are
given to the fire department and police for 'stress bears' for kids.
So I had more yarn for her
Old July 3rd 17, 03:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Annette from NZ

I been "lurking" for ages, but rain this weekend meant I finally got a few more stitches done on my "Rowan Tree" crewel kit. I have also knitted a couple of scarves.
link to a picture of one of my scarves..
https://images4-b.ravelrycache.com/u...ml_medium2.jpg

Old July 3rd 17, 12:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucretia[_2_]

On Sun, 2 Jul 2017 19:07:39 -0700 (PDT), Annette from NZ
wrote:

I been "lurking" for ages, but rain this weekend meant I finally got a few more stitches done on my "Rowan Tree" crewel kit. I have also knitted a couple of scarves.
link to a picture of one of my scarves..
https://images4-b.ravelrycache.com/u...ml_medium2.jpg

Lovely, I tend to stay with socks Tonight I go to the Guild
meeting, we are with ravelry too, knitco.
Old July 7th 17, 12:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

On 6/30/2017 12:43 PM, Rich wrote:
On Tue, 20 Jun 2017 17:28:19 -0500, Joan Erickson
wrote:

Get out those simple patterns, odd pieces of aida and your old hoops and
teach the grands how to stitch, Gramps!

How old are they? My DGD is almost old enough to teach...I can hardly wait!

The oldest is 9, youngest 3, girl and boy.

Well, the 9yo is definitely old enough. DD did her first piece when she
was 7.

Have fun with them!!!

--
Joan

See my pictures he http://ndjoan.shutterfly.com/pictures

Unknown
Old July 7th 17, 12:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

On 6/30/2017 4:42 PM, D J wrote:

Ready WIPs:
1. The Castle by TW
2. Majestic Eagle by Sunset (a kit)
3. Feathered Stars by Design Works Crafts (a kit)
4. The Promise-Bald Eagle by The Gold Collection (Dimensions kit)
5. Too Cold To Go Outside by Julia Lucas (from a magazine)

That's quite a list, Dawn!

The new project is very small, under 3 inches square. It's called "Heart - Zigzag Rainbow" by Katherine Martin Tripp from the website www.better-cross-stitch-patterns.com
Not sure if it was free or not, but it's cute, small and colorful.

Yup, it's a freebie and really cute!

I feel so much better now that I've confessed. As punishment I'll do more housework...tomorrow!!!

How was your penance? Do you now have a sparkly home?

So what is everyone else up to?

I'm about 2/3 done with my Victorian house project and about 1/4 done
with my cable afghan.

Old August 8th 17, 06:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Raggedyann

I haven't been here for many years. I have been on Facebook.
Just thought I would stop in and say hello!
Louise in NC
Old August 8th 17, 08:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Tue, 8 Aug 2017 10:45:41 -0700 (PDT), Raggedyann
wrote:

I haven't been here for many years. I have been on Facebook.
Just thought I would stop in and say hello!
Louise in NC

Some of us who won't go to FB are still around.
Old August 8th 17, 09:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

On 8/8/2017 12:45 PM, Raggedyann wrote:
I haven't been here for many years. I have been on Facebook.
Just thought I would stop in and say hello!
Louise in NC

I am not on FB, either, but Welcome back, Louise! There have been a few
of us dedicated usenet people trying to keep this list going!

Old August 9th 17, 02:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nancy Spera

On 8/8/2017 4:34 PM, Joan Erickson wrote:
On 8/8/2017 12:45 PM, Raggedyann wrote:
I haven't been here for many years. I have been on Facebook.
Just thought I would stop in and say hello!
Louise in NC

I am not on FB, either, but Welcome back, Louise! There have been a few
of us dedicated usenet people trying to keep this list going!

Not on FB either and mostly lurking these days. Haven't been doing much
needlework lately but still drop by to read the group.

Nancy

---
http://www.avg.com