OT today's funny

Old July 10th 03, 01:20 AM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

Default OT today's funny

Perfect! LOL

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér
all in all --- a very slow quilter.... So send quilts!

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
This just in from my new sister - Be careful what you wish for!

THE OSTRICH STORY

A man walks into a restaurant with a full-grown ostrich behind him, and

as
he sits, the waitress comes over and asks for their order. The man says,
"I'll have a hamburger, fries and a coke," and turns to the ostrich.
"What's yours?"
"I'll have the same," says the ostrich.
A short time later the waitress returns with the order. "That will be
$6.40 please," and the man reaches into his pocket and pulls out exact
change for payment.
The next day, the man and the ostrich come again and the man says,

"I'll
have a hamburger, fries and a coke," and the ostrich says, "I'll have the
same." Once again the man reaches into his pocket and pays with exact
change. This becomes a routine until late one evening, the two enter

again.
"The usual?" asks the waitress.
"No, this is Friday night, so I will have a steak, baked potato and
salad," says the man.
"Same for me," says the ostrich.
A short time later the waitress comes with the order and says, "That
will be $12.62." Once again the man pulls exact change out of his pocket
and places it on the table.
The waitress can't hold back her curiosity any longer. "Excuse me,

sir.
How do you manage to always come
up with the exact change out of your pocket every time?"
"Well," says the man, "several years ago I was cleaning the attic and I
found an old lamp. When I rubbed it a Genie appeared and offered me two
wishes. My first wish was that if I ever had to pay for anything, just put
my hand in my pocket, and the right amount of money would always be

there."
"That's brilliant!" says the waitress. "Most people would wish for a
million dollars or something, but you'll always be as rich as you want for
as long as you live!"
"That's right! Whether it's a gallon of milk or a Rolls Royce, the
exact money is always there," says the man.
The waitress asks, "One other thing, sir, what's with the ostrich?"
The man sighs and answers, "My second wish was for a tall chick with
long legs who agrees with everything I say!".
Polly Esther

Old July 10th 03, 02:22 AM
Johanna Gibson

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 05:48:01 -0500, "Polly Esther"
wrote:

[...]

What was the third wish for?

-- Jo in Scotland
Old July 10th 03, 02:53 AM
frood

A 12-inch pianist.

--
Wendy
De-Fang email address to reply
"Johanna Gibson" wrote in message

What was the third wish for?

-- Jo in Scotland

Old July 10th 03, 03:14 PM
frood

You're my kind of woman, Polly!

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
Wendy, this brings out the worst in me. I remember the story about the man
who named his dog "Liberace".
Why? . . . "because," the man said, "he was the pianist".
Just couldn't help myself, Polly