QI Inventory??

Old September 6th 06, 06:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate G.

Default QI Inventory??

So when is the pool party! Swim In at Cindy's! Float in the pool and sleep all day... sew all
night!

Kate in MI

"teleflora" wrote in message news:ExBLg.230196$k%3.55366@dukeread12...
How did I ever end up with 3????

A 3 year old Chesapeake Bay Retriever, Holly, who is an 80 lb baby.

2 Jack Russell's - Both 2 years old, non siblings. Both mostly white. Maggie, rough coat, FAT
(can you imagine?) and Starr, broken coat - that means fairly slick with more of a rough coat down
her back and skinny like she's supposed to be.

And right now they are all 3 in the back yard raising cain because the crew has started work on my
new pool this morning! Yippee! I won't be miserable next summer.

Cindy

"Kate G." wrote in message
I'm sitting here watching my 6 month old Yellow Lab puppy named Samson DEVOUR a new rawhide
bone... and wondered?

Do you have a QI (or 2 or 3 or 4?)

If so... Dog or Cat (or something else)?

How old is he or she?

What breed?

What is/are your QI(s) names?

You can see some pics of my "puppy" he http://community.webshots.com/user/Candy_Jar_Swap
Where can we see pictures of yours?

Kate in MI

PS: (I use the term "puppy" loosely... he has now surpassed 60 pounds!

Old September 6th 06, 06:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Georg

Kate G. wrote:
I'm sitting here watching my 6 month old Yellow Lab puppy named Samson DEVOUR a new rawhide bone...
and wondered?

Do you have a QI (or 2 or 3 or 4?)

Yes.

If so... Dog or Cat (or something else)?

Yes.

Probably easier to answer this broken up a bit.

We currently have:
Kenya Dog, normally just called Dog. She's about 14, and we think of her
as a Belgian Waffle- a cross twixt Belgian shepard and Border Collie.
Her most recent pic is he
http://runningscared.org/files/KenyaLamp.jpg (taken for a candlelit vigil).
She's off to the vets again today to have an area of her side shaved and
taken care of- she's got another of her irritated icky lumps.

Spider is also about 14. She's a tiger cat that is shy near strangers
but happy to sleep on fabric, particularly if spread on the floor to cut
large pieces. This is a picture of her in a very typical position on Her
Chair on Her Pillow. http://runningscared.org/files/jazz-spiderpillow.jpg

Sassy is also called Fat Cat for obvious reasons. Below is her latest
photo. She going on week 3 of a diabetes diagnosis, and receiving twice
daily insulin injections. Her weight is changing wildly and we're trying
to get her stabilized. Currently, her facial sores have cleared. Her
coat is currently better too- not so much dandruff.
http://runningscared.org/files/SassyLamp

Pepe currently the best QI who loves to take an active role in sewing.
He *must* be present at the running of the sewing machine, or in the lap
for any hand sewing. He must be as close to the cutting board as
possible for any cutting of fabric. He will happily hold long strips
too. And he normally sleeps on the binned stored fabric. He is a QI's
QI. Here he is with Dog, with a lovely view of his fluffy pants
http://runningscared.org/files/jazz-pepedance.jpg

Tom is our Character. He has one good eye, half an ear missing, the
lower canines are missing, and at one point, he broke a leg so he sits
funny with the leg sticking out. He just likes being near me, and I
offer what comfort I can. Here he is sitting up, with Sassy behind him
with a very bad face sore (she gets them from allergies).
http://runningscared.org/files/jazz-usualsuspects.jpg

And we are going to meet a basset hound on Sunday. Hopefully he and
Kenya should get along, and if they do, we'll bring him home too to join
the herd. We may even be a foster parent for Basset Rescue, which we'll
enjoy. My sweetie and I met helping at an animal shelter, and the cause
is still very much dear to my heart.

-georg
Old September 6th 06, 06:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Charlotte Hippen

Great thread and what a cutie!

I have 2 QIs and a few other pets that don't get to do any to the duties of
a QI.

I also have a puppy Samson, but mine is still little (about 5.5 lbs)! He's
a 3 mo. old Cavachon. He hasn't gotten into his duties as a QI just yet
since he still chews anything that gets near his mouth and I have not had
time to do any quilting since we got him because of our move.

My comfort tester is Darius. He's a 25lbs., 8 year old cat, breed unknown
as he was born to a farm cat at the camp where DH worked at the time. He
doesn't care for helping during the process, unless I'm tying a quilt, but
he takes his comfort testing very seriously.

We also have 2, 2year old sister degus which chew everything so they don't
get to help and a 44 gal. tank full of various fish, which for obvious
reason don't get to be true QI's either.

Pictures of Samson and Darius can be seen in my webshots QI album.
--
Charlotte
http://community.webshots.com/user/charh108

Old September 6th 06, 06:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Melissa in NJ

Oh do I have QI's! We refer to our house as alternately "Eight is
Enough" or the "Boos Zoo".

Kitties:
======
Maxi (aka "Witchy" with a "B") - Only female kitty
Nobi, short for Kenobi (aka "Kitty Wan Kenobi")
Salem
Indy (brother to Cee)
Cee (brother to Indy)
Turnpike

Doggies:
=======
Bits (greyhound)
Bear (greyhound)

Rainbow bridge:
==============
Lexus (late epileptic greyhound)

Melissa in NJ

Old September 6th 06, 07:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

On Wed, 6 Sep 2006 10:26:11 -0400, "Kate G."
wrote:

I'm sitting here watching my 6 month old Yellow Lab puppy named Samson DEVOUR a new rawhide bone...
and wondered?

Do you have a QI (or 2 or 3 or 4?)

Three

If so... Dog or Cat (or something else)?

All three are cats.
DD3 is going through the process of setting up an aquarium for a beta,
but I don't think betas are particularly interested in quilts.

How old is he or she?

13, 3, and approximately 1 1/2

What breed?

The girls are domestic shorthairs, a tabby tiger, and a callie.
Our catman is something else, he is black, long haired, has britches
and a ruff, and is the floppiest cat I have ever met.
All are rescues one way or another.

What is/are your QI(s) names?

Stripey, Thorncat, and Jiji.

You can see some pics of my "puppy" he http://community.webshots.com/user/Candy_Jar_Swap
Where can we see pictures of yours?

A-Ha!
Another chance to get DH to fix the size on my Pfaff pics so I can
post them! He is always snapping pics and getting a cat in the frame
by accident. So I can ask him to exercise his computer graphics
skills for me on that and get him to throw the sewing machine into the
bargin.
Mwa-ha-ha-!

NightMist
--
The wolf that understands fire has much to eat.
Old September 6th 06, 07:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
BJ

10 year old 'toy' poodle named Killer (he's gotten a bit chunkey since the
grandbabies came. Whenever I'm in Texas visiting, DH feeds him his own
hamburger and fries)- a gift from my husband on our 30 anniversary but he
soon established himself as DH's dog. I've told the vet if something
happens to Killer, he have to put my husband down.

17 year old kitty - Pushkin - formerly my son's kitty until he had to move
too many times. Puskin had surgery 2 weeks ago and the growth turned out to
be cancerous. Right now he looks like Frankenkitty with about 20 stitches
across his back. We are hoping for the best. The vet hopes he got it all,
but says it is the kind that will probably come back and be very aggressive.

5 year old kitty - Gracie - my husband found it abandoned at about 3 weeks
of age. We bottle fed it and raised it in the bathroom for about 4 more
weeks. She is loving and playful in the bathroom and looney tunes anywhere
else.

"joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska" wrote in message
oups.com...
Two cocker spaniels. Angus is 5 years old and totally black in color.
Happy is 8 months old and black with white trim. What would we do
without them?

joan:

Old September 6th 06, 08:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
frood

Well, I do have a dog, Mungo. A large shaggy black dog that is the bestest
family dog in the world! He even lines up for a good night hug when the kids
do!

However, as far as the position of Quilt Inspector, he is not one. He enjoys
the finished product, but does not offer opinions along the way. For that, I
rely on Spike and Giles, my dynamic duo. They are 6 now, and in first grade
and loving every minute!

--
Wendy
De-STUFF email address to reply

Old September 6th 06, 08:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jenn/Jalynne

We have two cats (one 12 years and one 2 years) and a Pacific Northwest
Garter snake (1.5 months). All are rescues.

Then there's DH and DD, but that's another story!

SOOOOOOOOO glad school has begun!

--
Jenn/Jalynne
quilting, beads, scrapbooking, cross stitch and other 'crafti' obsessions

Old September 6th 06, 08:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maria in NC

I have one black cat, Miss Kitty, 12 years young, the sweetest and
prettiest cat in the universe (which, of course rotates around her),
absolutely not spoiled. She deserves all she gets for making the big
move with us. She can be admired he
http://pets.webshots.com/album/44839796nQlpqu

Hugs,

Maria

--

Maria Cherry
remove the penguins

*****
"In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats."
(English Proverb)

Old September 6th 06, 08:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jenn in CA

Howdy Kate.

2 Canines:

Cliff the Mutt - 8 year old mix of Boston Terrier and Traveling
Salesman, Pet Assisted Therapy (the little old ladies think he's just
BEAUTIFUL)

Oscar the Dog - 8 year old terrier mix - Formerly known as neurotic -
our animal 'communicator' said we can't call him that anymore -
formerly extremely abused baby, doing much better after two+ years in
our home

4 Felines:

Kaji - only female in the bunch if you don't count the turtle and the
fish - 6-7 years old

The siblings: Rasta and Nemo - 6

Smokey Cat - 5

All of the above felines most likely had same mom - definitely
different dads.

Assorted gold and angel fish and koi

Last but not least (she's not allowed on quilts)

DInky the 13 year old red eared slider turtle. This chickie bites, and
Cliff tries to eat her, so she stays in the pond. :-)

Jenn in CA - who is begging DH for two more little girl kittens given
the abundance at the local shelters.