Quiltmania + Ricky Tims

Old February 26th 08, 12:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Ahr[_2_]

Default Quiltmania + Ricky Tims

An email from The Quilt Show says that the magazine Quiltmania named Ricky
Tims one of the 9 Exceptional Men in the quilting world.

So who were the other 8? It doesn't mention on the Quiltmania website.
Apparently it's a French magazine?

--
Kay Ahr in NV
http://community.webshots.com/user/kayahr

Old February 26th 08, 01:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

Default Bearcat

Good morning, Kay. I just wanted to drop in where you might be reading to
tell you how much I enjoyed your website. Of course, I always sidetrack if
there are QI pictures. Your Bearcat is identical to our SweetPea. We have
no idea what 'kind' of kitty he was. He adopted us before he was weaned and
we would love to know more about this kitty breed. What do you know? Polly

om...

Old February 27th 08, 01:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Ahr[_2_]

I think he is a Turkish Van. I got him at the PetsMart in Greenwood,
outside Indianapolis, Indiana. He had been in a no-kill shelter. A few
weeks later I went to the state fair and wandered through the 4-H projects.
Many of the kids had done research on cats. And on one huge poster was a
picture of my BearCat!! At least it looked exactly like him. So I did some
Googling and have concluded that he is a Turkish Van.

So how did such a critter get into PetsMart and a giveaway? Especially
since many more that looked like BearCat kept showing up in PetsMarts
throughout the Indianapolis area?

A few years later I started attending cat shows here in Reno. Each time
there might be one or two Turkish Vans. I finally talked to the breeders.
Apparently their was an ignorant greedy unscrupulous breeder in Indiana.
The cats this breeder sent to the shelter were not properly colored or with
appropriate temperament bring him big bucks or to meet the standards of the
cat shows.

Old February 27th 08, 10:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Elly D[_2_]

Well now let's see how many we can name.... there's Mark from Quilter's
Home mag, Kaffee Fassett, John from here, don't know any other male
quilters. but that's 4 our of nine ... need another 5 atleast. And Yep I
think it is a French Mag. I like it.
Elly--
http://community.webshots.com/user/b...host=community
http://ellydspatchwork.blogspot.com

om...

Old February 27th 08, 11:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

John Flynn, John (???) Shannon, that pair (one died a few years ago)- I
always think of Siskel & Ebert but that sure is not the quilty guys' names!
(Pilgrim and Roy??? Darnnit, this is going to drive me nuts!) Mark from
Quilter's Home has referred to a newsgroup in a magazine article for 'male
quilters only'. (Did anybody notice that 'gay' quilting fabric pictured in
his last magazine- cracked me up!!!) I'd be curious how many men are on
that men only group. Maybe I could go in there- undercover- with my uni-sex
name and find out what they are up to??? LOL

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

"Elly D" wrote in message
Well now let's see how many we can name.... there's Mark from Quilter's
Home mag, Kaffee Fassett, John from here, don't know any other male
quilters. but that's 4 our of nine ... need another 5 atleast. And Yep
I think it is a French Mag. I like it.
Elly--
http://community.webshots.com/user/b...host=community
http://ellydspatchwork.blogspot.com

om...

Old February 27th 08, 11:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

http://community.webshots.com/user/scottmurkin Scott Murkin has won awards.

Also there is the fellow who paints very detailed pictures...his
name.....Phil Beaver http://www.philbeaver.com/ Couldn't remember at first.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

"Elly D" wrote in message
Well now let's see how many we can name.... there's Mark from Quilter's
Home mag, Kaffee Fassett, John from here, don't know any other male
quilters. but that's 4 our of nine ... need another 5 atleast. And Yep
I think it is a French Mag. I like it.
Elly--
http://community.webshots.com/user/b...host=community
http://ellydspatchwork.blogspot.com

om...

Old February 28th 08, 12:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

I bought Quilt Mania last time we went to France. Yes it is French. My
French isn't brilliant but the pictures are pretty!

Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~ (uk)

Elly D wrote:
Well now let's see how many we can name.... there's Mark from Quilter's
Home mag, Kaffee Fassett, John from here, don't know any other male
quilters. but that's 4 our of nine ... need another 5 atleast. And Yep I
think it is a French Mag. I like it.
Elly--
http://community.webshots.com/user/b...host=community
http://ellydspatchwork.blogspot.com

om...

Old February 28th 08, 01:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Rose in CA[_2_]

Well, there's John and Denny and Steve and ..... :-D

Rose in CA @}---------
Rosanne DOT Morgan AT sbcglobal DOT net
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rose-morgan/
Disclaimer: Any errors in spelling, fact, or tact are transmission
errors. No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a
large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced......

Old February 28th 08, 01:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa

How about Michael James.

--
Louise in Iowa
nielandl@ msn dot com

"Elly D" wrote in message
Well now let's see how many we can name.... there's Mark from Quilter's
Home mag, Kaffee Fassett, John from here, don't know any other male
quilters. but that's 4 our of nine ... need another 5 atleast. And Yep
I think it is a French Mag. I like it.
Elly--
http://community.webshots.com/user/b...host=community
http://ellydspatchwork.blogspot.com