Ricky Tims

Old November 5th 03, 01:34 AM
Kathy Applebaum

Default Ricky Tims

I haven't done the retreat, but I took his caveman quilting class when he
taught at our guild last year. What fun! Not only is Ricky a blast, but the
technique was great fun, too.

Here's the pictures: http://www.geocities.com/kapplebaum/PhotoGallery/RT.htm
.. I've finished the bottom piece, just don't have a picture of it yet.
--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
longarm machine quilting, Queen of Fabric Tramps

"M. Wetmore" wrote in message
I caught Ricky Tims on Simply Quilts the other day. He was
demonstrating his "Caveman Quilting" technique. It was fascinating!
He is so adorable and personable. I really would like to take class
from him. I visited his website and it looks like all his classes are
booked solid through the end of 2004. He must be really popular. I
would give some part of my anatomy to be able to attend his Rocky
Mountain Quilt Retreat. But, boy it sure is expensive. Between the
price of his class and the cost to stay at the Retreat, that will set
you back a couple of grand! That's a lot for a quilting class. Has
anyone here done the retreat? Is it worth it.

Also, has anyone bought his VHS tape or CD on his Caveman Quilting
technique? If so, what do you think about it?

Mardi

Real e-mail address spelled out to prevent spam. mardi at mardiweb dot

com.
____________________

My Quilting page: http://www.mardiweb.com/quilts/MardiQuilts.html
Paint Shop Pro tutorials: http://www.mardiweb.com/web
Low-Fat Lifestyle Forum: http://www.mardiweb.com/lowfat

Old November 5th 03, 01:59 AM
Michelle Lee

On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 01:34:54 GMT, "Kathy Applebaum"
wrote:

[snip]

Here's the pictures: http://www.geocities.com/kapplebaum/PhotoGallery/RT.htm
. I've finished the bottom piece, just don't have a picture of it yet.

That's stunning! I really love the quilting and the colours.

Please let me know when you get pics of the bottom one, I'd like to
see it.

--
Michelle Lee (U.K)
Old November 5th 03, 04:01 AM
..Mickie Swall..

I purchased the CD on Caveman Quilting when it was realeased
early this year. To me it is very worth the price (bought it through
his website for $22) considering it is very much like taking a class
with him at a fraction of the price. Having seen his presentation at
Houston IQF last year, I can fully appreciate his many talents - with
the luxury of instant replay!
The video is an expanded version of what he did on Simply Quilts,
plus some tasteful fishing humor and five catchy tunes that Ricky
composed. (just love "Under Echo Lake")
Mickie

Old November 5th 03, 05:44 AM
Donna in Idaho \(remove invalid\)

He'll be at our guild in Boise next year. I'll bet the classes will fill so
fast it will make your head spin!
--
Donna in Idaho!
Project Linus Boise/SW Idaho Coordinator

Remove ".remove.invalid" to reply