Just how much fabric do you have????

Old September 10th 06, 06:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
JPgirl

Default Just how much fabric do you have????

I spent a couple of hours last night refolding and sorting my stash,
between my 15 month old daughter ripping it off the shelves at will and
me rifling through it whenever I get a new project in mind it was a
mess.

Well Since it was so nice and neat I decided to count up just how much
I had in that 'little' stash of mine.

Turns out I have over 230 metres of fabric (insert googly eye emoticon
here), and that doesn't count the other 10-20 metres I have set aside
for projects on the go. I also have a big rubbermaid container FULL of
scraps. All of this has been collected in the past year!

I have them seperated into four groups, general prints, plaids,
childrens prints, and solids.

Last winter I was driving a snow plow and making some spare money,
whenever I got paid I would head down to the Fabricland clearance
centre and pick through their sale tables, which were often on
clearance themselves at 50% off. So I would pick up almost ANYTHING
that was resonably pretty and the proper fabric for quilting, cotton or
a cotton poly blend is ok with me as long as it doesn't feel or look
crappy I bought it!
Most of the yardage I have was bought anywhere from $1-3 a metre.

I need MORE!!!!!!

I think I have a problem

Old September 10th 06, 07:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
~KK in BC~

I need MORE!!!!!!

I think I have a problem

Huh? I see no problem! My motto is "have space need fabric" .... LOL

I have never actually measured what I have. That thought scares me :-|
I have piles of fabric all over the place, stashed in places like the
footstool and kids closest shelves and bins and bins of scraps. I have it in
baggies, and grocery bags and shoe boxes and roller cabinets. I have it on
my computer desk, on my dryer and around my sewing machine. ........
I do however have room for just a few more pieces over there in the corner
under that chair and over there beside the shoe rack and up there above the
curtain rods (just add shelves!).

The more I think about it, the more I think I really need the new directory,
could be time for some squishies to be set forth into the world to become
what they will when they grow up.

~KK in BC~

Old September 10th 06, 07:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Val

"JPgirl" wrote in message
oups.com...

I need MORE!!!!!!

I think I have a problem

......uuuuhhhhhhhh, mmmmmmmmmmm, errrrrrrrrrr............so what's the
problem? (insert glassy eyed look of confusion emoticon here) )

Val

P.S. Thirty plus years ago I was the first woman in 5 western states to be a
full time Teamster driver of dump trucks and snow plows and pull down union
scale on my paychecks, .........YOU GO GIRL!! *little happy victory dance
dedicated to Tammy*

Old September 10th 06, 07:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
JPgirl

Val wrote:

P.S. Thirty plus years ago I was the first woman in 5 western states to be a
full time Teamster driver of dump trucks and snow plows and pull down union
scale on my paychecks, .........YOU GO GIRL!! *little happy victory dance
dedicated to Tammy*

LOL yep, it was the first year I was happy when it snowed! If the snow
came.... I got more fabric!!!!!

Old September 10th 06, 07:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate Dicey

JPgirl wrote:
[...]

Hehehehehe... Nah, no problem at all! I have 50 crats and bags of
various sizes of garment and quilt fabrics.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old September 10th 06, 08:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 12:52:03 -0500, JPgirl wrote
(in article .com):

Last winter I was driving a snow plow and making some spare money,
whenever I got paid I would head down to the Fabricland clearance
centre and pick through their sale tables, which were often on
clearance themselves at 50% off. So I would pick up almost ANYTHING
that was resonably pretty and the proper fabric for quilting, cotton or
a cotton poly blend is ok with me as long as it doesn't feel or look
crappy I bought it!
Most of the yardage I have was bought anywhere from $1-3 a metre.

I think I have a problem

yes, indeed you do. You don't have nearly enough. VBG.

I''m in the middle of a fairly big cleanup and rootle through my studio.
Cleaned out my 4 big drawers of quilting fabric. And my yarn/regular sewing
fabric closet. All that's left is my fabric shelf (where the little pieces
live) and under my table. I don't think I can count high enough to determine
how much fabric I have.

Maureen

Old September 10th 06, 08:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Nancy in NS

On 10 Sep 2006 10:52:03 -0700, "JPgirl"
wrote:

Turns out I have over 230 metres of fabric (insert googly eye emoticon
here), and that doesn't count the other 10-20 metres I have set aside
for projects on the go. I also have a big rubbermaid container FULL of
scraps. All of this has been collected in the past year!

Good heavens...you could open a store! :-) My stash
consists, at present, of about 2m of fabric, so I'm
drooling. :-) I enjoy hearing how everyone organizes their
stash.

Nancy in NS
http://community.webshots.com/user/loves2quilt
Old September 10th 06, 09:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Val

"JPgirl" wrote in message
ups.com...

Val wrote:

P.S. Thirty plus years ago I was the first woman in 5 western states to
be a
full time Teamster driver of dump trucks and snow plows and pull down
union
scale on my paychecks, .........YOU GO GIRL!! *little happy victory
dance
dedicated to Tammy*

LOL yep, it was the first year I was happy when it snowed! If the snow
came.... I got more fabric!!!!!

OT is not just for "Off Topic". My son still laughs and tells people that,
in the middle of the night, when the first flake hit the ground I would sit
up from a dead sleep because of the resounding KACHING!! sound it made of
the cash register. BG

Val

Old September 10th 06, 09:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kathy Applebaum

wrote:

Turns out I have over 230 metres of fabric (insert googly eye emoticon
here), and that doesn't count the other 10-20 metres I have set aside
for projects on the go. I also have a big rubbermaid container FULL of
scraps. All of this has been collected in the past year!

Good heavens...you could open a store! :-) My stash
consists, at present, of about 2m of fabric, so I'm
drooling. :-) I enjoy hearing how everyone organizes their
stash.

I don't have any stash. None at all. So don't even THINK about pulling up
the vans to raid it all. ;-)

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

http://fabrictramp.typepad.com/fabric_tramping/
remove the obvious to reply

Old September 10th 06, 09:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Val

"Nancy in NS" wrote in message

My stash consists, at present, of about 2m of fabric, so I'm
drooling. :-) I enjoy hearing how everyone organizes their
stash.

Nancy in NS
http://community.webshots.com/user/loves2quilt

Only TWO METERS OF FABRIC!!! OMG, you poor misguided child, you need a good
S.E.X. intervention from the Stash-R-Us consortium. Maybe we could get a
cable station to hold a telethon for you hosted by Fons & Porter and plead
for donations to be sent your way.

Val