She's Here!

Old November 9th 03, 03:19 AM
news.sonic.net

I did too- for 2.5 years. My first wasn't interested (probably because they
gave her bottles in the nursery), and I didn't know enough to help her, but
when my next was born in 2000, I wasn't really given an option. Formula was
never mentioned, and I was visited by a lactation nurse within 3 hours of
her birth. She took to it like a champ. I did get a little bullied into
trying to force her into feeding longer than she wanted. She would fall
asleep after 10 minutes, and the nurse told me I had to wake her up and put
her on the other breast or I'd never get full supply. I felt bad about
waking her up, and so I didn't. She obviously healthy and knew what she was
doing. I never got sore breasts, except when she bit, but I have been told
that newborn diapers (new) with a cup of water and frozen will help with the
sore breast pain if you get it.

Congratulations! I'm sorry you had a yucky lactation nurse.

Kelly
"Katherine Burgess" wrote in message
Allaya,
I breast fed my son - many years ago - and never got sore breasts. I loved
it!
Katherine

Old November 9th 03, 03:45 AM
Katherine Burgess

Some of those nurses can be horrible. When I nursed my son, they were not
thrilled with me, because every other baby was bottle fed. One in particular
commented that my breasts were too small to be able to feed him. As it turns
out, I had enough milk for three. g
Katherine

Old November 9th 03, 06:29 AM
CMM PDX2

Allaya wrote:

LOL THat's pretty funny...I had a similar experience too.
Luckily, the nurses in the delivery room were much more open
to my opinions than the lactation nurse. I told them the baby
was coming out and that I really need to start pushing. They
looked and said that it was way too far up to call the doctor
yet, but if I thought it would help, they'd let me (obviously
humoring the hysterical woman in labor).

So I gave it a shot. After two pushes, the baby was crowning,
and their jaws dropped to the floor. Now it was the nurses who
were frantic saying "This woman has abs of steel! Get the
doctor in here NOW!!!" No sooner did the doctor get there did
Laine come flying out. I got some interesting looks, that's for
sure! hehehe

Oh, ROFL!! Sounds like nurses haven't changed much in the past 48 years! Ohhh,
man, Mom would've loved your story. g Although I'm sure she's reading over my
shoulder and giggling.
That lactation nurse sounds like she should be in the Army! Thank god you've
got a good pediatrician. Listen to her, forget the stupid nurse. Yeesh. (ok,
I've never been a mom, but hey, I am a grandma, so I get to dispense advice
too. ::snerk:: Good grief; I was 5 lbs. something, and totally bottle-fed
'cause Mom hadn't had enough milk for my brother, so the doctor put me on
formula. Naturally, when I was born, Mom said she was producing like a dairy
cow. But back in the 50's, The Doctor Was God, and he didn't change his mind
despite evidence, so she never nursed me. She had some rather frosty comments
about how comfortable *that* was for her. Yeeouch! Anyway, I survived just
fine. Considering my weight *now*, I learned how to use nutrition *too* damned
well. bg (I'm not fat, I'm *fluffy*, dammit! can't use the big-boned excuse.)

Anyway, Adam's um...doing something. I think...it's hard to tell
when you're technically not supposed to get out of bed (oh
my...where am I now?). Hopefully the nursery will be done soon
so that I can get the house back in order. Everything that used
to be upstairs is now downstairs, and I no longer have a living
room to enjoy. :P That's okay though...it's been nice
spending so much time getting to know my new daughter.

Well, hey, at least you've got a great excuse for anyone who drops by. Just
look tired. eg And it is a great opportunity to have fun with Lainey. I got
really lucky with my grandson Ryan. My stepdaughter Tina, her husband Rick, and
Tina's mother Golda - my late hubby's ex-wife - were all exhausted after they
got home from the hospital. Ryan was wide awake and fussy. So I was the one who
got to sit up most of the night cuddling him while everyone else zonked out.
Tina had had a Caesarian and was in the hospital for about 5 days, so we
figured he was rather upset by the change in surroundings. Me, I had a ball; I
was being useful, and got to be all alone with him for several hours. There are
advantages to being a night-owl.

Adam will no doubt accomplish something. ) I've heard 2 and 4 a.m. wakings
are great motivators, especially when the baby's in the same room!

Hugs,
Monica
CMMPDX2 at aol
remove 'eat.spam' to email me
---------
"No, that isn't me you saw - I'm not here, I'm incognito!" (Me, Myself & I)
Support our Troops!!
http://www.wtv-zone.com/kjsb/bataan.html
Old November 9th 03, 04:31 PM
NoraBalcer

Allaya,

What a lovely little girl you have. Thanks for sharing the pictures of her with
us.

Hugs,

Nora
Old November 9th 03, 04:33 PM
Anna Vuori

Auntie, you are right...I have seen "The Wool Girl", and she is lovely!
Best: Pirjo
"NoraBalcer" kirjoitti

Old November 9th 03, 05:05 PM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

mazal tov Allaya i am ashamed to say i missed the present shower you
had ,, and i must now send you my own on my own .... mirjam
head down ,,,

Hi Everybody!

Sorry I've been out for so long, but you know how pregnancy can be. She's
finally here though! Please visit my website for lots of pictures of the
cutest baby in the nursery! (okay, I guess I'm a little biased)

You can click on the large picture in my blog, or just go to the Scrapbook
link.

www.allaya.com

Allaya

Old November 10th 03, 10:16 AM
Sarah Grace

Allaya wrote:
She's
finally here though! Please visit my website for lots of pictures of the
cutest baby in the nursery! (okay, I guess I'm a little biased)

Awwwwwww, she is absolutely adorable. Well done to you and congratulations to
Mum and Dad!

Regards
Sarah