UK readers mainly...What happened to piecemakers in Epsom?

Old January 17th 04, 05:03 PM
Ian

Default UK readers mainly...What happened to piecemakers in Epsom?

Just finished piecing a baby quilt top & headed off to Piecemakers in
Epsom...
all I saw was whitewashed windows. Does anyone out there know what happened
and why they closed?

Thanks

KAren

Old January 17th 04, 11:19 PM
Krysia Thompson

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 17:03:39 -0000, "Ian"
wrote:

Just finished piecing a baby quilt top & headed off to Piecemakers in
Epsom...
all I saw was whitewashed windows. Does anyone out there know what happened
and why they closed?

Thanks

KAren

i think i remember them having a closing down sale quite some
time ago....

krysia
K.T. - starannie opakowana
Old January 18th 04, 09:51 AM
annie

Hi KAren,

I heard that Piecemakers closed for financial reasons. Seems we have
lost a couple of good 'uns in the last 18 months - I really miss Quilt
Basics at the shows. They ahd all those little 'bits' that no one
else seems to have to quite the same degree.

Annie

Old January 19th 04, 07:27 PM
MOIRA RIDDELL

Piecemakers closed in July last year, Anne was offered a position position
that was too good to turn down, there was a certain amount of loss of
business, probably due to the shopping on the internet.....

Moira

"annie" wrote in message
om...
Hi KAren,

I heard that Piecemakers closed for financial reasons. Seems we have
lost a couple of good 'uns in the last 18 months - I really miss Quilt
Basics at the shows. They ahd all those little 'bits' that no one
else seems to have to quite the same degree.

Annie

. ..

Old September 18th 05, 01:43 AM
Rebecca Brewer Mitchell Rebecca Brewer Mitchell is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian
Just finished piecing a baby quilt top & headed off to Piecemakers in Epsom...
all I saw was whitewashed windows. Does anyone out there know what happenedand why they closed?

Thanks

KAren
Hi, Karen and others. I am Rebecca Mitchell the original owner of Piecemakers in Epsom, England. I do not have all the details on the closure of Piecemakers. I just wanted you to know that I am sad Piecemakers had to close and I hope you find another friendly place to buy fabric, get advice, and show off your final product. Please feel free to write to me.
Happy Quilting,
Rebecca