A picture for Becki and other stuff

Old September 10th 06, 02:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Lisa Caryl

Default A picture for Becki and other stuff

Thanks Marisa,
I enjoyed looking at your jewelry when you posted the other day. You are
doing some really beautiful work!

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi Lisa,
Your fibre art work is wonderful! I so enjoyed looking at all the
beautiful and complex surfaces. They really spoke to me.
Marisa
www.galleryvittoria.co.nz

Lisa Caryl wrote:
Okay Becki,
You asked for it, here it is, the latest set I made. The pink beads are
those cute tab beads that Marjean sells in her ebay shop.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lisacaryl/

I haven't posted here in ages and no one prolly knows who I am except

for
Sooz, maybe.
I also have a box there that has beadwork on it. It was accepted in the

Fine
Arts division of the Iowa State Fair this year. Cool beans to me because

it
did not fit in the quilting division. I didn't win a ribbon, but it felt
really great to be jurried in.

A (sort of) OT note, I got to teach at the John Campbell folk school in
North Carolina this summer. http://www.folkschool.org/ My good friend

Martha
Green was teaching crazy quilting, and since her class was full, she was
able to hire me as an assistant. I taught some simple bead

embellishment,
and helped Martha by being her 'ears' since she is nearly deaf.

It was just heavenly there. Every morning I watched the sun rise over

the
Smokey Mountains as I sat on our front porch in a hand made rocking

chair.
This link shows the house I stayed in. It is the picture in the very

upper
left corner http://www.folkschool.org/lodging.html Other than a scarry
incident with a sneaky snake, it was wonderful. The food was to die for,

and
the students eager and willing to try new things. Wish we were going

back
next year too. But alas, Martha isn't going back til 2008. I *HOPE* the
class is full again so I can go too!

--
Lisa Caryl
http://www.picturetrails.com/quiltygurl

remove the obvious to reply

Old September 10th 06, 07:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beckibead

Lisa -- I have to say it again - I am so enthralled with your fabric
pieces, especially all the detail pictures of the box. Would it be OK
with you if I make one of those pictures my screensaver? It makes me
want to create. It makes me want to own that box!!!

Becki

Old September 10th 06, 08:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Dr. Sooz

I didn't even see the box -- I was blinded by the other stuff -- WOW,
KLUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!

````````````````````````````````````

Old September 10th 06, 08:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Dr. Sooz

Why don't you just bead the center block the way it tells you it wants
to be beaded? Because I think the center design is strong and perfect
with the rest of it.

`````````````````````````
Lisa Caryl wrote:
Splort ! :-o
Really? I'm not in love with it yet. I keep adding things, hoping it will
grow on me. I don't want to give up on it though. I've already put many
treasures that the students shared or swapped with me from the Folk School.

It definitely needs more beadwork. And I may do something totally different
with the center block. Ideas range from a poem stitched on fabric to some
sort of floral wreath in beads/fabric/ribbons........well, you get the idea.
It will tell me what it needs when the time comes.

"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message
ups.com...
Honey, the jewelry is nice, but the QUILT made me PEE!

``````````````````````````````

Old September 10th 06, 08:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Dr. Sooz

:-( I can't? wah.

`````````````````````````````````````
Beckibead wrote:
Sooz -- for God's sake, don't pee on the fabric.

Old September 10th 06, 08:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Dr. Sooz

HEY!!

`````````````````````````````
wrote:
Uh oh, time to hand Sooz the Depends.
Marisa

Beckibead wrote:
Sooz -- for God's sake, don't pee on the fabric.

Lisa - STUNNING pieces, love them so much. Thanks for posting!

Becki

Old September 10th 06, 09:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

heh heh heh...

Dr. Sooz wrote:
HEY!!

`````````````````````````````

Old September 10th 06, 10:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kathy

Oooo, very nice Lisa.
I love that seascape you did. I MEAN LOVE

KathyH

Old September 10th 06, 10:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Lisa Caryl

Sure Becki, go right ahead! I'm honored. I'm happy that you find it
inspirational. :-)

Lol.......I'm with you. **I** want to own the box too, but like I said
earlier, it goes up for an "invitation only" (read rich people with
money)charity auction. It will be okay though. When my eldest son was
young, he was a handfull and a half, and we used their services many times.
Maybe the money raised will help another family in need like we were back
then.

oups.com...