Prayers and good thoughts, please

Old July 21st 03, 10:59 PM
Monique Reed

Default Prayers and good thoughts, please

I got a diagnosis of cervical cancer on Friday and I'm off to the
oncologist tomorrow. Don't know much yet except it's not the
relatively-easy-treat-stage-0-squamous-cell kind.

(Dear friend needs some good thoughts, too--he was laid off on short
notice today, a victim of the state budget downsizing.)

Ladies, don't forget that yearly unpleasantness with the GYN folks. It
can be a lifesaver!

Monique in College Station
Old July 21st 03, 11:41 PM
Donna in Idaho

Many warm thoughts and cyber hugs headed your way.

((((((((((Hugs))))))))))

--
Donna in Idaho!
Project Linus Boise/SW Idaho Coordinator

The ultimate inspiration is the deadline!

Old July 22nd 03, 12:20 AM
CNYstitcher

Monique,

I have to ask....have the done the other two tests (not just the pap)?
I was also given this diagnosis, and then they referred me for one test,
which confirmed it, and led to the second test, which was a LEEP
conectomy. That test refuted the cervical cancer diagnosis and found
only that I had abnormal cell growth.

Please, please ask about these tests if you haven't already had one. If
you want more information about either of them, feel free to email me
privately.

Larisa

lvann at twcny dot rr dot com

Old July 22nd 03, 12:40 AM
taria

I had some similar problems 20 years ago. I would suggest
ask for a second opinion on treatment. I was lucky to have
a fried with similar stuff who was married to a dr. They were
very helpful. Do some research so you know what they are
talking about when you go in. Is there a reason drs. offices
call you with news like that on Friday afternoon with nobody
to talk to until a week or more later? MAkes you crazy.
We'll all be thinking of you Monique.
Taria

Monique Reed wrote:

I got a diagnosis of cervical cancer on Friday and I'm off to the
oncologist tomorrow. Don't know much yet except it's not the
relatively-easy-treat-stage-0-squamous-cell kind.

(Dear friend needs some good thoughts, too--he was laid off on short
notice today, a victim of the state budget downsizing.)

Ladies, don't forget that yearly unpleasantness with the GYN folks. It
can be a lifesaver!

Monique in College Station

--
Please visit my web page at:
http://home1.gte.net/res0yk6g/taria/index.htm

See my Siberian Cat, Lilly, at:
http://home1.gte.net/res0yk6g/lillypage/lillycat.htm
Old July 22nd 03, 12:49 AM
nana2b

You are wise to take care of it right away. I am a breast cancer survivor
of 13 years. Do everything they suggest and more. Ask questions and read
everything you can so you can be involved with your treatment, Prayers from
Plano, Tx. Linda

--
Sugar & Spice Quilts by Linda E
http://community.webshots.com/user/frame242

Old July 22nd 03, 01:25 AM
TerriLee in WA

Prayers for you and your friend zipping to you. Please keep us posted
if you can.

Monique Reed wrote:

I got a diagnosis of cervical cancer on Friday and I'm off to the
oncologist tomorrow. Don't know much yet except it's not the
relatively-easy-treat-stage-0-squamous-cell kind.

(Dear friend needs some good thoughts, too--he was laid off on short
notice today, a victim of the state budget downsizing.)

Ladies, don't forget that yearly unpleasantness with the GYN folks. It
can be a lifesaver!

Monique in College Station

--
TerriLee Bishop
(opinions are wholly owned by the author and don't represent anything)
Old July 22nd 03, 02:22 AM
frood

I'll think positive thoughts for you, Monique. And for your friend - what a
wonderful friend you are to think of their troubles even when faced with
your own. {hug}

--
Wendy
De-Fang email address to reply

Old July 22nd 03, 02:29 AM
Butterfly

Just as soon as DH gets home from his appt--I'll send my Wings on their
way. IN the meantime, I'll add you to my prayer list
Very gentle Cyberhugs and Butterfly Kisses
Butterfly

Old July 22nd 03, 02:53 AM
Diana Curtis

Thoughts heading your way that you can be easily treated and return to full
health fast!
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

Old July 22nd 03, 03:17 AM
melinda

Monique Reed wrote:
I got a diagnosis of cervical cancer on Friday and I'm off to the
oncologist tomorrow. Don't know much yet except it's not the
relatively-easy-treat-stage-0-squamous-cell kind.

(Dear friend needs some good thoughts, too--he was laid off on short
notice today, a victim of the state budget downsizing.)

Ladies, don't forget that yearly unpleasantness with the GYN folks. It
can be a lifesaver!

Monique in College Station

Wishing you a complete recovery, and hoping they've caught it early
enough.

Here in Oz (NSW at least) they have a register if you choose to be on it,
which sends out reminder notices when you're due for your next test.
Saves you having to remember when your due for one!

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol