Interesting fenominum

Old January 4th 04, 08:02 AM
Fred

Default Interesting fenominum

I have noticed lately that quite often I can see reply to posts but not the
main post itself. Any one else seeing this restriction of bits and bytes??

Fred
http://www.stitchaway.com

If you are on thin ice
you might as well dance!

W.I.P. - "Fiddler on the Roof".
W.I.L., "Romantic Venice",
"Ocean Princess", "Southwest Charm",
"Rainbow Trail", "Indian Pottery", "One Earth",
"Spirit of the Full Moon"
and "+?", "+?", "+?".

Old January 4th 04, 11:48 AM
F.James Cripwell

"Fred" ) writes:
I have noticed lately that quite often I can see reply to posts but not the
main post itself. Any one else seeing this restriction of bits and bytes??

Fred

This has been around since the dawn of cyberspace. It is probabaly
better to wonder why Usenet works at all, than to ponder why it has this
sort of quirk.
--
Jim Cripwell.
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of one's life, any
Old January 4th 04, 01:05 PM
Gary V. Deutschmann, Sr.

Hi Fred

Sometimes (but not often anymore) I get a thread days ahead of the
original post.

I have my reader set to ignore an unless I have read the original
post, then show the thread under the original post.

Then we have the trolls, who purposely type in front of their
subject, just to confuse the issue even further, thus the primary
reason I kill all threads where I have not read the original post.

It also makes navigating the newsgroups much easier!

TTUL
Gary

Old January 5th 04, 05:30 AM
Fred

Gary,
I will experience the same now and again. The delays being a day or two. If
I go to google I can see the missing headers. I was just trying to figure
out why my ISP is not getting them.

I guess I should just relax and throw a few foot balls through a swinging
tire. G....

Fred
http://www.stitchaway.com

If you are on thin ice
you might as well dance!

W.I.P. - "Fiddler on the Roof".
W.I.L., "Romantic Venice",
"Ocean Princess", "Southwest Charm",
"Rainbow Trail", "Indian Pottery", "One Earth",
"Spirit of the Full Moon"
and "+?", "+?", "+?".

"Gary V. Deutschmann, Sr." wrote
in message ...
Hi Fred

Sometimes (but not often anymore) I get a thread days ahead of the
original post.

I have my reader set to ignore an unless I have read the original
post, then show the thread under the original post.

Then we have the trolls, who purposely type in front of their
subject, just to confuse the issue even further, thus the primary
reason I kill all threads where I have not read the original post.

It also makes navigating the newsgroups much easier!

TTUL
Gary

OT Story - Sophie the "Interesting" Dog EL Beads 1 March 21st 04 06:23 AM
interesting bead scoops Debbie B Beads 8 February 27th 04 10:22 PM
Interesting site! Kalera Stratton Beads 4 December 28th 03 07:12 AM
Interesting Needlework Containers Lula Needlework 8 December 16th 03 12:41 AM
Interesting observation on embroidery techniques. F.James Cripwell Needlework 115 October 28th 03 05:00 AM