A Finish!

Old December 2nd 11, 01:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
IMS[_6_]

Default A Finish!

On Thu, 01 Dec 2011 11:26:57 -0800, Marcella Peek
wrote:

So excited. I rarely ever finish a quilt. You'd think being a quilter
it would happen often, but not for me.

Not only am I very slow but I like the process and really don't care
about the end product. Heresy, I know.

However, last December I gave my husband a basted quilt for his
birthday. I figured I'd better actually finish it before his birthday
rolls around again, and I did!

Pictures and such he
http://peek.org/marcella/2011/12/birthday-finish/

marcella

Well, Marcella, you certainly make your quilts worth the wait! It is
gorgeous!

-Irene
Old December 2nd 11, 01:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marcella Peek

In article , IMS wrote:

Well, Marcella, you certainly make your quilts worth the wait! It is
gorgeous!

-Irene

Thank you! It really was a fun one to make.

marcella
Old December 2nd 11, 08:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

Thanks Marcella. It's great to get 'salve'!
..
In message , Marcella
Peek writes
In article ,
Pat S wrote:

Well done Marcella. It's lovely - so bright and colourful. Great
achievement to get it done. I, too, am slow; but in my head I don't
take account of distractions! I think I had better do so - it would
make my aims more realistic. (I am constantly 'failing'). Thanks for
the 'lesson'.

If you enjoy it, it's not a "fail". Sometimes it's just hard to not
compare yourself to those speedy quilters, but we're all just different.
Maybe I clean my bathroom way faster than they do :-)

marcella

--
Best Regards
Pat on the Green
Old December 2nd 11, 03:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Lovely! The blue really makes the scrappy pop.
This is not heresy, why would it be? Why would we do anything if we
don't like at least the greater part of the process? (Unless we sign a
contract and need the money;-)
Congrats of making your self-imposed deadline though. I bet he's very
happy with it!
Roberta in D

Old December 13th 11, 08:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sherry

On Dec 1, 1:26*pm, Marcella Peek wrote:
So excited. *I rarely ever finish a quilt. *You'd think being a quilter
it would happen often, but not for me.

Not only am I very slow but I like the process and really don't care
about the end product. *Heresy, I know.

However, last December I gave my husband a basted quilt for his
birthday. *I figured I'd better actually finish it before his birthday
rolls around again, and I did!

Pictures and such he *http://peek.org/marcella/2011/12/birthday-finish/

marcella

Gosh, that is one gorgeous quilt. I don't think I'd have gotten it
finished
quickly either--those pieces look small. You really did a stellar job
choosing colors. That's some real eye candy.

Sherry
Old December 13th 11, 10:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marcella Peek

In article
,
Sherry wrote:

On Dec 1, 1:26*pm, Marcella Peek wrote:
So excited. *I rarely ever finish a quilt. *You'd think being a quilter
it would happen often, but not for me.

Not only am I very slow but I like the process and really don't care
about the end product. *Heresy, I know.

However, last December I gave my husband a basted quilt for his
birthday. *I figured I'd better actually finish it before his birthday
rolls around again, and I did!

Pictures and such he *http://peek.org/marcella/2011/12/birthday-finish/

marcella

Gosh, that is one gorgeous quilt. I don't think I'd have gotten it
finished
quickly either--those pieces look small. You really did a stellar job
choosing colors. That's some real eye candy.

Sherry

Thank you! My always warm husband - he who wears shorts all year - has
even been covering up with it to watch TV and the past week or so the
quilt has also been spread atop our bed. It's fun to see him enjoy his
quilt so much.

Strip piecing and pre-cut strips are a wonderful thing for this pattern!

marcella