hello and need a little help

Old May 18th 04, 05:12 PM
Kristie Kinney

Default hello and need a little help

Hello everyonr,

I am a lurker who has asked a question a time or two and would like to thank
everyone for takeing the time to help me out. I read the messages every day
and am learning alot. This is a wonderful group!

I am wanting to make a shrug for my thin 7 year old DD out of some noro
kureyon that I have but can not find a pattern. So I was wondering if
someone here might know where I could find one or if there is a formula to
find outhow to make one. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kristie

Old May 18th 04, 05:21 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

On Tue, 18 May 2004 12:12:04 -0400, Kristie Kinney wrote:

Hello everyonr,

I am a lurker who has asked a question a time or two and would like to thank
everyone for takeing the time to help me out. I read the messages every day
and am learning alot. This is a wonderful group!

I am wanting to make a shrug for my thin 7 year old DD out of some noro
kureyon that I have but can not find a pattern. So I was wondering if
someone here might know where I could find one or if there is a formula to
find outhow to make one. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kristie

Kristie, I lost a bunch of urls/links in the famous crash of February, but
if you do a google search for
Brenda's Collared Shrug
I think it might be what you're looking for!
HTH,
Noreen
Old May 18th 04, 05:32 PM
Ruth409028

I am wanting to make a shrug for my thin 7 year old DD out of some noro
kureyon that I have but can not find a pattern. So I was wondering if
someone here might know where I could find one

Kristie - I used to have a pattern, but it was nothing more than 2 sweater
sleeves with a width across the back to cover the back of the body. It started
at one end with a ribbed cuff, changed to stockinette stitch, increasing as in
most any pattern, til it is long enough for the arm, measure across the back to
get that width, then start decreasing the next part to match the first part,
ending with another ribbing. If you use circular needles on the arm part, you
don't even have to sew a seam when you are finished. Frances
Take Jacques out before replying.
Old May 19th 04, 02:42 PM
Janise Ross

Hi Kristie,

If I haven't welcomed you before, welcome.

I recently printed out the shrugs on these websites. Maybe 1 of them
would work for you.

http://www.alpacaplus.com/pattern.html

http://www.craftyarncouncil.com/proj...ar99_knit.html

Janise