Concerned about Sophie

Old November 20th 04, 03:32 PM
Beadbimbo

Default Concerned about Sophie

Awwwwwwwwwww, Kathy. I'm sorry. My old dog Romeo is blind, which has been
ok, but now he's getting a little deaf and a little confused. Not bad yet.
It's just, sometimes at night, he gets up and paces. The tap-tap-tap on the
floors wakes me up. Our house has split bedrooms, so sometimes at night,
I'd hear him getting up and "making rounds" and then going back into the
closet, where he sleeps. I always felt like he was just doing his job,
checking things out during the night. I hate to think now that he does it
because he's nervous. He doesn't do it alot, so I'm hoping he's not going
to be getting worse anytime soon.

I hope the vet can help.

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old November 20th 04, 06:29 PM
Dr. Sooz

Our house has split bedrooms, so sometimes at night,
I'd hear him getting up and "making rounds" and then going back into the
closet, where he sleeps. I always felt like he was just doing his job,
checking things out during the night. I hate to think now that he does it
because he's nervous. He doesn't do it alot, so I'm hoping he's not going
to be getting worse anytime soon.

I wouldn't worry, Jerri. As long as his nose works, he relies on that far more
than any other senses, and he always has. He's probably just getting less
sleep, as older creatures do, and using his wakey time to look around his
domain.
~~
Sooz
The things that will destroy us a politics without principle; pleasure
without conscience; wealth without work; knowledge without character; business
without morality; science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice. - M.
Ghandi

Old November 20th 04, 09:36 PM
Beadbimbo

He's getting less sleep, and so am I! Lol. But I can't usually blame it on
him. I just don't sleep well, either.

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old November 20th 04, 11:05 PM
Marisa2

Our family dog Muffy lived many years blind and mostly deaf and pretty
happy as long as she could be near my mom.

Only her last few days were bad. It was quite obvious then (though I
couldn't understand it at the time) when she couldn't move any more at
all and wouldn't even bring her head up

marisa2