quilt stores in SoCal

Old February 18th 07, 06:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anne Rogers

Default quilt stores in SoCal

we're off for a week in Santa Barbara and Los Angeles, can anyone recommend
any must see quilt stores? I won't be buying unless I see any major
bargains, so the range of quilts on display is the main thing I'm looking
for.

Cheers

Anne

Old February 18th 07, 07:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Are you going to be in any particular part of LA? How much time and
interest do you have in traveling to shops? In Anaheim there is
M&L. It is the bargain fabric capitol of the area. It is actually
in OC though.
Taria

Old February 18th 07, 07:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anne Rogers

Are you going to be in any particular part of LA? How much time and
interest do you have in traveling to shops? In Anaheim there is
M&L. It is the bargain fabric capitol of the area. It is actually
in OC though.

we haven't actually decided where to stay, but probably in the Buena Park
area, which I think is not that far from Anaheim, I'll probably only be able
to fit one shop visit in.

Anne

Old February 18th 07, 02:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debbi in SO CA

Buena Park is not far from Anaheim and you MUST go to M & L's. There are
no quilts hanging around the place, but bargains galore! Don't think
they have upped their prices to much since I was last there about 18
months ago at which time flat folds were $1.69 a yard!

Debbi in SO CA

Old February 18th 07, 05:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Burbank is a long ride through traffic from Buena Park. M & L
is at Knott and Ball. Just a wacky fun fabric store to shop in.
There is Material Possessions in Lake Forest. Depending on the
time of day that isn't too far. Here is the shop hop info with
a pretty good list of shops:
http://www.socaquiltshops.com/ParticipatingShops.html

Shops 14-20 are in the area you are going to be visiting. The
only one of those I have been to is The Calico House and it
has moved to Placentia. For the distance there I would
pass. It is nice but out of the way. Debbi is the OC expert.
I was down that way visiting my family yesterday and it was
probably 78'and beautiful.
Taria

Old February 18th 07, 05:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

Please take the time to stop in Buellton [off H101] Here is the link
to my not-so-LQS that my friend and her husband own. They have a very
unique shop, and wait until you see their restroom

http://www.thecreationstation.com/ne...bric_main.html

Their link shows a real good map of the directions, and gives their
hours.

In Santa Barbara there is Blue Island Quilts, 5140 Hollister Ave,
Santa Barbara, CA 93111 phone 805-683-0112. Don't know their hours,
but they specialize in Hawaiian fabric and patterns.

I'm in Oxnard, and my fabric stash is always open for rootling!!!

Ginger in CA

Old February 18th 07, 05:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

To complete my own post [gremlins hit the send button!] My friends'
store in Buellton has no fabric over $5 per yard. It is all quilt
quality, just not the most current new fabrics. Lots of patterns and
quilts, and other gifties/doodads.

I used to live near this shop. Also used to live in Los Angeles area,
but I don't have any shops that would stand out in my mind that
haven't already been mentioned.

Ginger in CA

http://www.thecreationstation.com/ne...ore/pages/fabr...

Their link shows a real good map of the directions, and gives their
hours.

In Santa Barbara there is Blue Island Quilts, 5140 Hollister Ave,
Santa Barbara, CA 93111 phone 805-683-0112. Don't know their hours,
but they specialize in Hawaiian fabric and patterns.

I'm in Oxnard, and my fabric stash is always open for rootling!!!

Ginger in CA

On Feb 17, 10:44 pm, "Anne Rogers" wrote:

we're off for a week in Santa Barbara and Los Angeles, can anyone recommend
any must see quilt stores? I won't be buying unless I see any major
bargains, so the range of quilts on display is the main thing I'm looking
for.

Cheers

Anne- Hide quoted text -

Old February 18th 07, 05:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
DLW

THE BUNNEY HUTCH
4478 Cerritos Avenue
Los Alamitos, CA 90720
714-226-9647
http://www.bunneyhutch.com/

It's an AWESOME store and they have quilts hanging EVERYWHERE!! I go there
about three times a week of course it helps it's just about 5 miles from
me

Old February 18th 07, 08:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debbi in SO CA

Material Possessions is OK as far as I am concerned. Love Leah's a lot.
Have never been to the one in Orange since I live almost on top of the
one in Mission Viejo. Jack and Leah are really fun people to talk to.
Their staff is amazingly helpful.

Never been to Bear's. He comes to all of our guild meetings, gives us
lots of donations for our raffles. Some people have said he does not
have too much

Montrose is quite a ways away from OC, but is really a cute town.
Reminds me of Old Main Street, USA. Loved Quilt & Things when I went
with my son a few years ago. I used to live next town over from Montrose.

Never been to Cozy Quilt in Brea or Calico House in Yorba Linda. They
are at the opposite end of the county from me.

Quilt Cupboard and Timeless Treasures in Anaheim are suppose to be nice.
Again, the only place I have gone to in Anaheim is M & L's

Not overly impressed with Flying Geese

That takes care of all of the quilt shops in this area. I noticed that
Rosie's Cupboard in San Diego is not on the list. If you are ever in SD,
that is a MUST go to!

Debbi in SO CA

Taria wrote:
[...]

Three quilt stores and a funeral Susan Laity Price Quilting 8 August 21st 06 09:12 PM
cheap quilt stores Cheryl Sammons Quilting 2 November 12th 05 12:50 AM
dutch quilt stores? Allison Quilting 0 September 20th 05 05:39 PM
Springfield, MO Quilt Stores Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. Quilting 5 May 20th 05 03:32 PM
Austin quilt stores, someone was asking QuiltShopHopper Quilting 3 July 4th 04 04:02 PM