Organizing question (lampworkers HELP)

Old March 29th 04, 07:11 PM
Vedis Jansdottir

Default Organizing question (lampworkers HELP)

Hello, me again.

Just wondering how all you lampworkers out there organize your
stringers. I have my glass all pretty and organized in cardboard
tubing (not for the hot stuff obviously) But my stringers are all
handmade and difficult to keep track of.

Any suggestions?

Vedis

Old March 29th 04, 07:28 PM
starlia

I just have my stringer in jars. I keep the stringers separated by
manufacturer. I keep all the reduction stringer in a jar by themselves.

I had planned on getting a rotating pen/office organizer. I think there are
enough divided areas to keep stringer by color for Moretti and maybe my
other manufacturers. It's just a thought, but I'm gonna try it.

Old March 29th 04, 07:35 PM
Karen_AZ

I use these "ice tubes" trays. I found them cheap at a housewares store a
year or so ago, and they're great. I glued a few weights to the bottom to
keep them stable.

http://www.icetubes.com/

KarenK

Old March 29th 04, 07:47 PM
Tinkster

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 11:35:57 -0700, "Karen_AZ"
wrote:

I use these "ice tubes" trays. I found them cheap at a housewares store a
year or so ago, and they're great. I glued a few weights to the bottom to
keep them stable.

http://www.icetubes.com/

That's what I use, too!

Tink
Old March 29th 04, 07:52 PM
Lori Greenberg

I use the ice tube trays too. I use them more for a rod or two of a color
and the accompanying stringer. You could use it for custom stringer too
though.

There are pictures here of them in action:
http://www.beadnerd.com/studio.htm

--
Lori Greenberg
http://www.beadnerd.com

ebay auctions:
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...origre enberg

Old March 29th 04, 09:01 PM
JavaGirlBT

If I have pulled a particularly nice stringer, I put it right back in the
cardboard tube with the rest of the glass when I'm done. I find that once I
put a stringer in my Ice Tube, I almost never go back there. Most of the
rest of my stringers are scattered on my bench in front of me.
-Ellen

Old March 29th 04, 10:30 PM
Dr. Sooz

There are pictures here of them in action:
http://www.beadnerd.com/studio.htm

Wow -- bitchen studio! (I now have the urge to clean up mine)
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old March 29th 04, 11:29 PM
Kandice Seeber

I can't be of help, because my stringers are a **mess**. I'd love some tips
too!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old March 29th 04, 11:31 PM
Kandice Seeber

Oh, my.... I have got to get me some of THOSE!!!
That's a fabulous idea - thank you!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old March 30th 04, 02:39 AM
Cheryl

Just wondering how all you lampworkers out there organize your
stringers. I have my glass all pretty and organized in cardboard
tubing (not for the hot stuff obviously)

I have several glass jars on my bench
and stand them on end in the jar.
yes - all mixed together and all that..
but I'm not always the world's most organized person (Becki can swear to that !
LOL)

Cheryl
last semester of lawschool! yipee!
A HREF="http://www.dragonbeads.com" DRAGON BEADS /A
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

Question on lampwork beads Cheryl Beads 18 February 19th 04 05:07 AM
new question for lampworkers Kandice Seeber Beads 22 September 14th 03 11:48 PM
Question for the lampworkers KDK Beads 16 August 10th 03 06:51 PM
Posting Question angela Beads 25 August 7th 03 12:57 PM
Question for lampworkers Tink Beads 8 July 26th 03 01:32 AM