general comment

Old June 28th 05, 02:00 AM
Trixie

Default general comment

Hi all:

I have only been watching this newsgroup for a couple or three months, and I
am in awe of what I see in the pictures people post, and the quality of
advice given. I look forward to reading the postings every day. It is like a
mini-vacation where I get to do something so enjoyable, just for me. Many,
many thanks to everyone!

Trixie

Old June 28th 05, 02:06 AM
SNIGDIBBLY

I think we all feel like that but you did a great job of putting it into
words.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \

Old June 28th 05, 02:09 AM
AliceW

Well, Trixie, now that you have de-lurked, you need to tell us a bit about
yourself - what are you working on, do you machine or hand quilt, do you
have any QIs, what kind of chocolate do you prefer - you know, all the
important stuff.

We are a friendly bunch, and never hesitate to help when asked - or even
when not asked! We have our good days and once in a while some bad ones,
but there's no bloodshed - too hard to get out of the fabrics, you
understand.

Welcome to the group. I'm sure others will want more info, but I'm sure
we'll get to know you in due time.

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us

"Trixie" wrote in message
: Hi all:
:

Old June 28th 05, 02:14 AM
Mary in Washington

Welcome Trixie!!! Good to have you here. Let us know what you are
working on. Do you have pictures online??

Mary

http://community.webshots.com/user/moondancewa
IN THE COOKIES OF LIFE, FRIENDS ARE THE CHOCOLATE CHIPS.

Old June 28th 05, 02:47 AM
Trixie

No pictures online yet, though I have posted links to a couple of my
"masterpieces."

http://home.comcast.net/~conniecake/.../bookquilt.JPG

http://home.comcast.net/~conniecake/.../treeskirt.JPG

Someday I'll get the rest posted, but I'm too obsessed right now!

Trixie

ups.com...

Old June 28th 05, 02:57 AM
Trixie

I've been quilting for about three years, definitely prefer machine
quilting. I plan to try hand applique some day. I got started doing the
"Rejoice!" mystery quilt from Kim Graham's website:

http://members.shaw.ca/kigraham/

Since then I've made several Stack N Whack, which I really like, and a few
other patterns. I want to try Jinny Beyer's soft-edge soon, as I'm currently
reading that book. I have tons of siblings, and I'm working my way through
making quilts for all of them, interspersed with nieces and nephews.

I use a Flynn frame for the actual final quilting, and it drives me nuts,
even though I have gotten pretty good with it. I dream of a long-arm machine
some day.

No chocolate for me, alas, as I seem to be allergic to every form of sugar
including artificial sweeteners and fruit. I guess that just leaves more
money for fabric!

My favorite comment was one somebody attributed to Alex Anderson (used to
watch her when I got that TV channel), something about if you like fabric
you should just buy it, rather than waiting for a specific purpose.
Definitely my new motto!

I also really like making the hug blocks. It gives me a chance to try
different blocks and combinations of colors. The first time somebody posted
a picture of the finished quilt with my block it brought tears to my eyes. I
think I've done about eight different hug blocks so far.

Trixie

"AliceW" wrote in message
[...]

"Trixie" wrote in message
: Hi all:
:

Old June 28th 05, 03:05 AM
Pam

Welcome Trixie! Love the tree skirt!

Pam in Spencerport

Old June 28th 05, 03:27 AM
Polly Esther

Welcome, Trixie. How beautifully you worded your introduction! You didn't
mention QIs. Do you have furry supervision? Polly

Old June 28th 05, 04:21 AM
Anne in CA

Trixie wrote:

I also really like making the hug blocks. It gives me a chance to try
different blocks and combinations of colors. The first time somebody posted
a picture of the finished quilt with my block it brought tears to my eyes. I
think I've done about eight different hug blocks so far.

Trixie

And lovely Hug blocks she makes too. I've seen one up close and
personal ;-)
--
Anne in CA
"It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got." -- Sheryl
Old June 28th 05, 07:50 AM
Patti

Thanks for the intro., Trixie
It's good to 'meet' you.
[...]