Baby quilt

Old June 26th 05, 12:02 AM
Jan Newby and Evan Cole

Default Baby quilt

Can anyone help? I want to make a baby quilt for a friend - the cot
mattress is 131cm x 68cm.

so how big do I make the quilt?

Advice would be appreciated, Jan
Old June 26th 05, 12:20 AM
AliceW

This converts to approximately 27 x 52 inches. Make the quilt that size or
slightly smaller.

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us

"Jan Newby and Evan Cole" wrote in message
: Can anyone help? I want to make a baby quilt for a friend - the cot
: mattress is 131cm x 68cm.
:
: so how big do I make the quilt?
:
: Advice would be appreciated, Jan

Old June 26th 05, 04:24 AM
nana2b

I usually make them 45in x 60 in. Good size for a baby quilt. HTH, Linda

Old June 26th 05, 01:51 PM
mauvicem

I agree with Nana2b ...This is a good size ...45 x 60... since crib quilts
are quickly outgrown....my 3 1/2 year old DDGD is determined to sleep with
her baby quilt which was meant as a coverlet for her BASSINET!!!! her head
and shoulders and knees and toes stick out....is that where the song came
from????
I need to make one too what pattern are you making?

MMM

Old June 26th 05, 04:21 PM
Kim E

I generally make baby quilts around 45x60 inches. Big enough to be on
the floor for "tummy time", big enough for a child to curl up in, big
enough to be a fort (think of a small table covered with a quilt -
sides hanging down for a private spot.

Kim

Old June 26th 05, 04:30 PM
Jessamy

130 cm square - it will give lots to tuck under (*very* helpful!!) and it
will make a nice snuggle quilt when the baby moves on to a single bed

though speaking from personal experience ... the larger size will fit the
top end of a single bed if the child won't part with it like my oldest DS

--
Jessamy
www.geocities.com/jess_ayad

Old June 26th 05, 06:34 PM
DrQuilter

I have the curse of the quilter's daughter. Sofi refuses to sleep under
a quilt or covered at all! Wish I could tuck her in, but she just sleeps
on top of things... actually, she has not given much use to her quilts
at all! (

Jessamy wrote:

130 cm square - it will give lots to tuck under (*very* helpful!!) and it
will make a nice snuggle quilt when the baby moves on to a single bed

though speaking from personal experience ... the larger size will fit the
top end of a single bed if the child won't part with it like my oldest DS

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out for a walk)
Old June 26th 05, 09:53 PM
the black rose

DrQuilter wrote:

I have the curse of the quilter's daughter. Sofi refuses to sleep under
a quilt or covered at all! Wish I could tuck her in, but she just sleeps
on top of things... actually, she has not given much use to her quilts
at all! (

Does she sleep on her tummy with her little butt up in the air? My boys
did that. It's so cute.

If it's any comfort, the two of my boys who stubbornly refused to sleep
under a blanket as babies are now the ones who can't sleep unless
they're cocooned in quilts.

--

the black rose
Research Associate in the Field of Child Development and Human

-------- __o
----- -\. -------- __o
--- ( )/ ( ) ---- -\.
-------------------- ( )/ ( )
Old June 26th 05, 10:09 PM
Patti

Ooh!
A Snoopy g
..
In message , DrQuilter
writes
I have the curse of the quilter's daughter. Sofi refuses to sleep under
a quilt or covered at all! Wish I could tuck her in, but she just
sleeps on top of things... actually, she has not given much use to her
quilts at all! (

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old June 28th 05, 08:03 AM
DrQuilter

yes, she does that.... most of the time. she is all over the crib
actually, in a different position everytime we check on her.. so covers
would get in her way!