needle threaders

Old June 24th 05, 06:26 PM
Ellison

Howdy!
I'm a needle threader, too. ;-D

Oh, the tool-- hanging head--just something else for
me to set down and lose ... g

Got new glasses earlier this month; the young eye doc
was helping to determine if I "need" bi-focals and asked,
"What kind of up close activity do you do most often?" VBG
Reading and quilting, of course, so she brought me
"the needle and some thread out of my sewing kit" -- LOL !!
The needle felt like a 10-penny nail, it was huge! But I threaded
it w/ a bifocal lens and without wearing any glasses;
either way is fine; bifocal is good for reading without having
to take off my glasses or look over the top of them. VBG
The progressive lenses are great; took me about 2 days to
adjust; I can thread a size 11 quilting thread while wearing glasses
(haven't done that for 10 yrs!), and can read anything
with my new specs.
Btw, I also got some prescription sunglasses: love these!
But they are so curved (about 3" deep) there was/is not a
glasses case to hold them. A makeup bag is okay for now
but I'd like a hard-shell case.

Cheers!
Ragmop/Sandy --seeing up close has never been a problem
for me; prescription hasn't changed in 10 yrs, but it was
time for new, unscratched glasses; WOW-- what a difference!
eyeglasses now are so small and lightweight I forget I'm wearing them;
comparing, my older specs (5-20 yrs. old) were huge! G
What's Sally Jesse wearing now?

"Taria" wrote in message
Hey Jan,
I have bought several different kinds in the last few months.
I haven't done a long of hand work but it seems the Clover
two ended one seems to be the one I like. I'd like to hear
other opinions too. Am I the only one who can't see since
I got bifocals? HArd tops, progressive doesn't matter I just can't
see up close anymore : (
Taria

Jan wrote:
The eyes of my needles seem to be getting smaller.... at least that's my
story and I'm sticking to it.... so... are there different types or
advantages of needle threaders? Or am I looking for that type we used way
back in Home Ec? Will they work with a 12 between? Thanks! Jan

Old June 28th 05, 04:02 AM
hfw

I love the clip-ons--especially the Magni-Clips, which are smaller, so you
can see *over them* rather than having to flip them up all the time.

--Heidi

http://community.webshots.com/user/rabbit2b

"Dixie Sugar" wrote in message
I've been wearing bifocals for years so can't use that as an excuse but,
I cannot see well when doing close-up work such as threading needles. I
saw some clip-on reading glasses on a website that I have been thinking of
ordering. Sometimes I take reading glasses and put on over my bifocals in
order to see the shrinking needle eye, etc. Has anyone tried these
clip-ons? Looked like they would be handy just to flip down when needed.

Dixie Sugar

Jan wrote:
The eyes of my needles seem to be getting smaller.... at least that's my
story and I'm sticking to it.... so... are there different types or
advantages of needle threaders? Or am I looking for that type we used
way back in Home Ec? Will they work with a 12 between? Thanks! Jan

question about sewing with denim and faux furs. [email protected] Needlework 3 January 11th 05 08:37 PM
Punch Needle Embroidery lula Needlework 48 October 6th 04 03:33 PM
Singer Monogrammer for slant needle Tom Farrell Sewing 15 September 7th 04 12:07 AM
faulty needle? FtForger Sewing 4 May 31st 04 10:45 AM
Double needle problems georg Quilting 11 March 4th 04 01:26 PM