Marti Michell's video and/or book

Old August 5th 04, 02:05 PM
Beth Pierce

Default Marti Michell's video and/or book

My neighbor showed me an old video of Marti Michell's techniques on
quilting. Apparently, this video was made in the 1970's due to the
clothing. I would like to find a book on her techniques, especially
the one about why you should buy lengths of fabric in 27" increments.
(I think it had something to do with quilt lengths, 27 for crib, 54
for twin, 81 for double, etc.) The video also showed how to strip
piece, with a larger piece on one side, so when you flip it you have a
nice four patch with a striped piece. Does anyone know of this video
or info from a book?
Old August 5th 04, 02:27 PM
Maine-iac Rose

boy that quilting technique sounds familiar, but my video's are buried right
now, but maybe later I can get to them and see if that is the one that I
have. maybe some1 else here will also answer this post.

Maine-iac Rose
@---
remove the thorns and add a hyphen between the 2 words to email me.

om...

Old August 6th 04, 02:01 PM
Beth Pierce

Oh Goody, goody! I found her website and printed a few tips. Then
Terbear sent me the URL for another website for her books, which I
ordered one--Quilting for People Who Don't Have Time to Quilt. This
is the one that you sew before you cut into blocks. Maybe what I am
looking for will be in this book. Thanks sooooo much, Marcella! You
and Terbear have been very helpful!

Marcella Tracy Peek wrote in message ...
You can go shopping for books and such at her website...

http://www.frommarti.com

There's also a tips section where you may find more of what you want for
free. :-)

marcella