DMC Floss changes

Old August 1st 03, 05:11 PM
Pat Henek

Default DMC Floss changes

Just spoke with someone at DMC. No colors have been discontinued. This was
an error and Just Cross Stitch will be making a retraction. I panicked
because a lot of the colors are used in our designs.
--
Pat Henek
Heartland House Designs

Old August 1st 03, 07:13 PM
Pamela Kellogg

There's been much controversy lately over whether or not DMC is discontinuing 7
of their floss colors. I emailed my contact at The DMC Corporation yesterday
and their reply was, "no" they will continue to carry all 454 solid floss
colors in North America.

Pam

Pamela Kellogg
Kitty & Me Country Crafts
http://www.kittyandme.com/

Coming Soon: Mystery Stitch Along Project
To learn more about it,
Visit the Kitty & Me BB: http://pub13.ezboard.com/bpamkellogg

Leonalb wrote:

I seem to recall that someone recently posted a brief listing of DMC floss
color changes. If my recollection is correct, I'd appreciate that person's
re-posting. Many thanks,

Lee

Old August 1st 03, 08:53 PM
CJabidip

I think this might be what you were referring to with your question. It is a
history of color changes over the past years.

http://www.aion-needlecrafts.co.uk/info/dmchistory.htm

Carol

Old August 2nd 03, 12:37 AM
Alison

On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 16:11:59 GMT, "Pat Henek"
wrote:

Just spoke with someone at DMC. No colors have been discontinued. This was
an error and Just Cross Stitch will be making a retraction. I panicked
because a lot of the colors are used in our designs.

Thanks for posting this, Pat. I was about to run out and buy up as
many skeins as I could find of the "discontinued" colors. Whew!

Alison
Old August 2nd 03, 05:58 AM
Threaded

Is this the same group of colors that was discontinued or
purported to be discontinued in Europe? IIRC, we went
through this same thing a while back. Then again, I may
have air in the brain (polite way of saying something else -
add whatever you like ;-)

Eva in Cooling Down (finally) Kent, WA, US

Old August 2nd 03, 09:28 PM
FKBABB

Is this the same group of colors that was discontinued or
purported to be discontinued in Europe?

Seems to be. Aion, the site where 7 colours are listed as discontinued in
2001, is a British site. I suspect that the folks at Just Cross Stitch who
made the error were looking at a new DMC colour card made for the European, not
the North American, market.

Annie

Old August 10th 03, 05:54 AM
Brenda Lewis

Don't hurry. DMC USA is not discontinuing these colors. JCS will be
printing a retraction.

DebM wrote:
Looks like I need to make a run to the store to grab some extra
skeins. I've got at least 2 projects queued up that use some of these
colors.

On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 10:43:01 -0500, Joan Erickson
wrote:
discontinuation of a few DMC colors with a corresponding list of
substitutions. I don't have the substitution numbers with me, but here
are the discontinued colors: 504 731 776 781 806 971 3773. If
someone else has their issue handy, maybe they could supply the other

--
Brenda Lewis
WIP: J. Himsworth "I Shall Not Want" xs