Outside Wall Mural, What kind of paint?

Old September 20th 07, 05:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.misc
[email protected]

Default Outside Wall Mural, What kind of paint?

My friend asked me to do an outside mural by her pool. For my inside
murals, I just use acrylic paint.. but I don't know what kind to use
outside? Something that needs to hold up for weather! Any ideas would
be appreciated!!
Thanks!

Old September 21st 07, 11:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.misc
Ron Davidson

Hi Christa,

People that I know who do outside murals, use outdoor house paint which is
also acrylic. A clear acrylic coating over the whole thing will make it
last even longer. I've painted small statues and things using regular
artist acrylics that have been outdoors for years. I used a clear acrylic
spray over them but for something large like a mural, a brush-on clear
acrylic might be easier and less costlly.

I hope this helps...
...Ron

Home of RonzArt - Whimsical Acrylic Paintings
http://home.earthlink.net/~ronzartwork/

Home of RonzCrafts - Iris Folding and more.
http://home.earthlink.net/~ronzcrafts/

wrote in message
oups.com...
My friend asked me to do an outside mural by her pool. For my inside
murals, I just use acrylic paint.. but I don't know what kind to use
outside? Something that needs to hold up for weather! Any ideas would
be appreciated!!
Thanks!

Acrylic paint Jason M. General Crafting 0 November 2nd 05 12:32 PM
Acrylic paint mural of race car (top view) Dorothy General Crafting 0 November 27th 04 02:53 PM
Paint for glass? Frogleg Glass 10 April 27th 04 02:44 AM
What paint to use on plastic? FayeC General Crafting 3 April 22nd 04 08:11 AM
Paint COE kevmo Glass 2 April 22nd 04 04:36 AM