Little silly question

Old June 19th 10, 04:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anna Belle[_2_]

Default Little silly question

On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 10:08:18 -0500, Sandy E wrote:

http://bussongs.com/songs/little_white_duck.php
(maybe the green bug was his biker cousin, come to visit)

My Mother had a radio station play this song for me on my 16th
birthday. Always makes me smile.
Anna Belle
Old June 19th 10, 11:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in CNY

* * *But, my friend, our age is showing. *I only am reminiscently familiar
with Captain Kangaroo and Miss Worm and Dancing Bear. *Who is this bug on a
bike? * . . . and happily thinking back: *who was it that said the 'word'
and all the pingpong balls came falling down? *Polly

That was Mr Moose on Captain Kangaroo. *Usually at the desk (counter)
during a conversation with the Captain or Mr. Green Jeans.
Anna Belle

Wasn't it when Bunny Rabbit/Mr Moose would trick the Captain? and all
the pingpong
balls would fall if he answered the joke right?
That was my FAVORITE kids show. I watched it every day. I loved the
banana man!!!
he was funny! The early shows in B/W were the greatest!
Bob Keeshan was the best.
Thanks for the great memories.
ahhh.
amy in CNY
Old June 20th 10, 01:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

tho i watched some cartoons, not that many.
i preferred watching shows like 'Sky King', 'My Friend Flicka' (sp?),
westerns etc.
not much into the cartoons, tho did like Road Runner...beep beep!!
sure i caught the occasional bits of Capt Kangaroo but not on a regular
basis.
same with Howdy Doody show. a bit here and there is all.
i do recall watching a fair amount of tv when a kid too.
so how'd i miss the LIME green bug. shrug
j.

"Polly Esther" wrote ...
Ah, no, Jeanne. It doesn't really matter. A lonely little guy who arrives
at a battered children's shelter will know and we only need to know that he
has something just specially for him.
But, my friend, our age is showing. I only am reminiscently familiar
with Captain Kangaroo and Miss Worm and Dancing Bear. Who is this bug on a
bike? . . . and happily thinking back: who was it that said the 'word'
and all the pingpong balls came falling down? Polly

"J*" my silly little response....

does it matter who he is?
he is a happy little LIME green bug, nuff said.
some little baby will love that, boy or girl.
they arent particular when they are babys.
just seeing the colour and smile on the bug will be good enough for any
wee
baby.
sounds like a right lovely wee quilt.
j.

"Polly Esther" wrote...
WHAT am I doing? You know I stitch quilt for Newborns in Need. Lately
they've all seemed to be kind of girlie and I wanted to do a boy quilt.
Fondling through the happy gifts from a very special friend of mine who
loves to find and send baby fabric to this quest, I came upon a:
Lime green happy bug sitting on a motorcycle.
I've sashed it with a bluejay beautiful batik and bordered it with
bumblebees and butterflies - but I have no idea who the bug on bike is.
What am I doing? Polly

Old June 20th 10, 02:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
dealer83

On Jun 19, 7:01*pm, "J*" wrote:
[...]

Holy cow, did this bring back memories! I hadn't thought about Capt.
Kangaroo and all the characters in years. Some little kid is going to
LOVE your quilt and probably give that bug his very own name. Sounds
like really cute fabric...Donna
Old June 20th 10, 06:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

I loved Captain Kangaroo so much that I didn't want to start first
grade because it meant I couldn't see the show. Saturdays were for
reruns of the old Westerns and such (Flicka, Sky King) and cartoons
(Yogi Bear, Huckleberry Hound, Roadrunner and Coyote) and after school
we watched Icky Twerp and His Slam-Bang Theater. But week day mornings
were for Captain Kangaroo. Sigh.

Sunny
Old June 21st 10, 01:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in CNY

On Jun 20, 1:47*pm, Sunny wrote:
I loved Captain Kangaroo so much that I didn't want to start first
grade because it meant I couldn't see the show. Saturdays were for
reruns of the old Westerns and such (Flicka, Sky King) and cartoons
(Yogi Bear, Huckleberry Hound, Roadrunner and Coyote) and after school
we watched Icky Twerp and His Slam-Bang Theater. But week day mornings
were for Captain Kangaroo. Sigh.

Sunny

ohh, Sunny!!! i did too, cry on the first day of 1st grade...how i
wanted to stay home and
watch all my favorites!
amy in CNY
Old June 22nd 10, 06:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

When I was a kid, we still had black and white TV, though some neighbors
were buying color sets. Maybe you missed the lime bug for same reason,
Jeanne!
Pat

Old June 22nd 10, 09:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

I mostly watched Rocketship 7 (a local kid program) when I was a kid, but
I saw enough Captain Kangaroo to now have a song from it stuck in my head.

"When a bunny sees a carrot there is nothing you can do
He will spy upon that carrot and before the day is though
he will creep up on that carrot like a little leprechaun
then *mouth pop* *finger snap* *whistle* all gone"

NightMist

--
I'm raising a developmentally disabled child. What's your superpower?

ATC silly question Heidi from Germany Quilting 4 June 1st 07 03:34 PM
silly EQ question Kellie J. Berger Quilting 3 July 21st 06 01:46 AM
silly question, not OT Julia in MN Quilting 14 April 28th 05 11:05 PM
Silly question Cryn Quilting 73 May 28th 04 04:20 PM
Silly question JL Amerson Beads 11 October 30th 03 02:57 AM